The World News Media

I understand the Plum Island hosts scary stuff. But we still should be able to have a picnic without...

TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 131
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still "on the books" in the State of Maryland that a local Sheriff can at his discretion, arrest and imprison anyone who makes any disparaging comments against "the holy trinity".

I once burned a big pile of wood in my back yard in a rental subdivision, and started the fire with a half gallon of gasoline.

Neighbors saw the flames 8 feet high and called the fire department. I heard them coming wtth sirens blaring from a long way off.  Soon I had a street full of fire trucks, and a yard full of firemen.

(I had a garden hose laid out to the burn area, and a bucket of water filled, next to the nozzle...)

Fortunately, although I did not know it at the time, yard fires are legal if they are "cooking fires", and fortunately my family and I were cooking hot dogs on long sticks when the invasion occurred.

I offered them some hot dogs.

They declined, and stomped off.

Laws are "funny".