The World News Media

NEWS RELEASES | As Supreme Court Hearing Nears, A Conscientious Objector’s Optimism Grows

The Librarian

• Views 399
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People confuse one issue with another. " On his day in court, Mr. Lee recalls, “I eagerly desired to prove that I was not guilty, since it was a sincere decision due to my faith and conscience.”

....according to secular Law he is guilty, no doubt. South Korea need changes by means of democratic voting for new laws. And voting will be done by "worldly" people not JW. Here is the catch No. 22.

People confuse one issue with another.

" On his day in court, Mr. Lee recalls, “I eagerly desired to prove that I was not guilty, since it was a sincere decision due to my faith and conscience.” He reflected on the early Christians disciples Stephen and Paul, who had eloquently defended their faith while on trial. “I think I spoke twice as well as I had when I practiced,” Mr. Lee declared. "

The fact is ... HE WAS GUILTY ... of refusing military service.

....according to secular Law he is guilty, no doubt. South Korea need changes by means of democratic voting for new laws. And voting will be done by "worldly" people not JW. Here is the catch No. 22.  Perhaps JW preaching service need to contain message in which "worldly" people will be motivated to vote for legal changes on behalf JW need for "civilian" service. 

another one:

"Based on Bible passages and the model of early Christianity, the Witnesses believe that Christians should abstain from war because they have no right to take human life." - article quote. 

abstain from war  looks so familiar with Bible verse "abstain from blood". And what WT  done with "abstaining"? They fractioned blood and said, "now you can use blood in this elements and forms".   So, JW people have not to abstain from blood fractions.

abstain?   abstain from blood, abstain from alcohol, abstain from fat in food .... abstain, must go to dictionary!  https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/abstain 

to not do something you could do, esp. something that is unhealthy or gives you pleasure:

Some families abstain from eating fried food.

If you abstain from voting, you do not vote although you are permitted to vote.

to not do something, especially something enjoyable that you think might be bad:

He took a vow to abstain from alcohol/smoking/sex

to decide not to use your vote:

63 members voted in favour, 39 opposed, and 15 abstained.

indian english to stay away from work:

During a recent general strike, employees of all major trade unions abstained.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.