The World News Media

Daily text, Friday, February 19. 2016

Queen Esther

56c696c45b452_FridayFebruary19.2016.jpg.

The word of God is alive and exerts power.—Heb. 4:12.

You never know how people will react to a well-chosen scripture. For instance, two Witnesses in Australia knocked on a young woman’s door. One of them asked her, “Do you know God’s name?” and then read one scripture—Psalm 83:18. “I was floored!” the woman says. “After they left, I drove 35 miles (56 km) to a bookstore to check other Bible translations and then looked up the name in a dictionary. Having convinced myself that God’s name is Jehovah, I wondered what else I didn’t know.” Soon thereafter, she and her future husband began studying the Bible, and later they got baptized. God’s Word changes the lives of those who read it and develop faith in Jehovah’s living promises. (1 Thess. 2:13) The Bible’s message is more powerful than anything we might say to try to reach the heart of another person. That is why, at every possible opportunity, we should use the Word of God. It is alive! w14 8/15 2:21, 22

• Views 104
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.