The World News Media

At what moment "The Truth" has ceased to be "The Truth"?

Srecko Sostar

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Aren't there women in the writing room of the W/T and Awake mags ? Or there were for sure.

There are. Some people think that Barbara Anderson was the only female in the Writing Department. She was not. There are some even now. They aren't the ones who write the study articles or the scripture-based articles in the Watchtower, but many of the Awake! articles are written by them from start to finish. When the "Insight" book was being prepared, over a hundred Bethelites were given assignments to take on various articles to update the "Aid" book. More than a dozen sisters were given these assignments too. Even while Barbara Anderson was in Writing there was another sister getting similar research assignments, after doing a good job on some "Insight" work. and research assignments often come with the assignment to write up a draft article about it that might get used with very few changes. This other sister got "fired" before Barbara Anderson left, and no sisters sat in the Writing Department, per se, for quite a while. (I don't know for sure how long, but it was a matter of years.) But this didn't last forever, and sisters have been back in the Writing Dept (officially as "Researchers") for years now.

• Views 19.2k
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand your points and you have expressed them very well. I will address each point you raised separately, but first I just want to mention a few general things which have perhaps shaped the per

Hey Brother Billie..your way out on this....it is undeniable if you watched the ARC...we as a people were found to have faulty policies...that’s a fact..we were forced to ammend them. Kids suffer

I think this point showed excellent insight. I wondered if this is what you meant from the start. The very context shows that the type of leadership in this case is more like the local elders rather t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

He is frightened of being told off by the Elders of the congregation, for contacting me. 

You can interpret it as being frightened of the Elders, but could it be that they are frightened of displeasing Jehovah and going against "His" arrangement?

4 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Brother Jackson does not vacillate this time, but states, “That, I think, would seem to be quite presumptuous, to say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using.”

“Jehovah gives us sound counsel through his Word and through his organization, using the publications provided by “the faithful and discreet slave.” (Matthew 24:45; 2 Timothy 3:16) How foolish to reject good advice and insist on our own way! We “must be swift about hearing” when Jehovah, “the One teaching men knowledge,” counsels us through his channel of communication.” (w03 3/15 p. 27 ‘The Lips of Truth Will Endure Forever’)

“That faithful slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end.” (w13 7/15 p. 20 par. 2 “Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?”)

Theocratic appointments come from Jehovah through his Son and God’s visible earthly channel, “the faithful and discreet slave” and its Governing Body.” (w01 1/15 p. 16 par. 19 Overseers and Ministerial Servants Theocratically 

Non of the quotes you posted say anything about the faithful and discreet slave being the ONLY chanel. They merely say they are a chanel which Jesus is using to feed his sheep. Br. Jackson admits that it would be presumptuous to say the fds are the ONLY chanel because really the scripture in Matt 24:45 does not specifically say that the fds would be the only chanel. 

57 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Are they the only anointed ones still on earth?

I'm sure there are women in the writing department, just like there are women that pioneer, and in some case in different countries where there are not enough men, I have heard the sisters take an active role to keep the congregation functioning.

Can you explain, what feminism is, and how you believe these sisters are introducing feminism?

Once again you try to turn the tables Kid , but you are not good at it at all :) 

It was you that first mentioned feminism in the Org. 

51 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

There are. Some people think that Barbara Anderson was the only female in the Writing Department. She was not. There are some even now. They aren't the ones who write the study articles or the scripture-based articles in the Watchtower, but many of the Awake! articles are written by them from start to finish. When the "Insight" book was being prepared, over a hundred Bethelites were given assignments to take on various articles to update the "Aid" book. More than a dozen sisters were given these assignments too. Even while Barbara Anderson was in Writing there was another sister getting similar research assignments, after doing a good job on some "Insight" work. and research assignments often come with the assignment to write up a draft article about it that might get used with very few changes. This other sister got "fired" before Barbara Anderson left, and no sisters sat in the Writing Department, per se, for quite a while. (I don't know for sure how long, but it was a matter of years.) But this didn't last forever, and sisters have been back in the Writing Dept (officially as "Researchers") for years now.

Do you know why the 'other sister' got fired ?

16 minutes ago, Anna said:

Non of the quotes you posted say anything about the faithful and discreet slave being the ONLY chanel. They merely say they are a chanel which Jesus is using to feed his sheep. Br. Jackson admits that it would be presumptuous to say the fds are the ONLY chanel because really the scripture in Matt 24:45 does not specifically say that the fds would be the only chanel. 

“That faithful slave is THE channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end.” (w13 7/15 p. 20 par. 2 “Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?”)    THE being singular I would think. 

“Jehovah gives us sound counsel through his Word and through his organization, using the publications provided by “THE faithful and discreet slave.” (Matthew 24:45; 2 Timothy 3:16) How foolish to reject good advice and insist on our own way! We “must be swift about hearing” when Jehovah, “the One teaching men knowledge,” counsels us through his CHANNEL of communication.” (w03 3/15 p. 27 ‘The Lips of Truth Will Endure Forever’) THE = singular and  Channel = singular. 

And yes right. Proof is there that the GB are wrong in saying they are the only means of communication, which they do say, along with saying the JW org is the only way to get saved. 

Come on Anna you've seen it all here in print with quotes and references given many times.  The GB exalt themselves above everyone, even the rest of the anointed.  JW's are supposed to believe every word from the GB without question. Any talking against the GB is seen as apostate. 

I'd love to ask Bro Jackson what / which other channels are being used . :)  I think S.M. might think other channels are being used. 

As for me I'll admit once again I'm completely lost in it all.  Totally confused. 

32 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

The reasoning of a perfect and sensible person. Follow this person.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Ah yes but they had PROOF of who their leaders should be, whereas the GB do not give any proof that anyone should follow them or obey them. They are in fact false leaders. Verse 7 here says CONTEMPLATE HOW THEIR CONDUCT TURNS OUT.  Done that already. And I can see very bad conduct, which shows false leaders.. 

Remember those who are taking the lead among you, who have spoken the word of God to you, and as you contemplate how their conduct turns out, imitate their faith.

As for verse 17.  I don't know what Bible you are using, thought you were a JW so here is the JW Org version..  Please notice in BOTH verses it DOES NOT say LEADERS it says THOSE TAKING THE LEAD. 

17  Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over you as those who will render an account, so that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to you.

So the GB have no proof that they have any authority and they deliberately do wrong. Yet you still want to follow them. OK so be it. 

47 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Your always correct, silly me, can you ever forgive yourself for not following the evidence given by JWinsider with feminist authors.

In honesty I must have missed that bit. If I'm in the wrong i apologise.  Getting 30 notification at a time about this forum can be confusing at times for an old 'un like me. 

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

For which I am deeply ashamed, and would have been deeply ashamed to relate to Richard Feynman, who would have considered me a complete fool ... which I was.

You are completely honest about your own position, and I respect this greatly as it is quite a rare quality amongst men in general.

I agree that unfulfilled expectations as a result of believing human speculation is indeed far from encouraging. Yet the Scriptures, (true prophecy), long counselled against this tendency and warned of it's results: "Do not put your trust in princes nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation" Ps.146:3; "Expectation postponed makes the heart sick" Pro.13:12.

I don't really know what it was like to have been sucked along in that '75 fad, having been warned off by brothers I respected at the time. I am sure I would have waved my arms with all the others if it hadn't been for them. I know even less what it must be like for someone who was an avid supporter of that trend and then, as that time came and went without the expected taking place, feels rather red-faced over the issue, "suckered" rather than "sucked" along.

At what point did you realise this was actually a false expectation? 

5 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Aren't there women in the writing room of the W/T and Awake mags ? Or there were for sure. 

It is an unremarkable fact of Bethel life that a woman may exercise authority over a man in purely secular matters. Headship is a principle for consideration of spiritual matters and also family organization. It plays no role in work concerns. They are not activists there at Bethel. They don't get in anyone's face over such things. But it does happen all the time.

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Do you know why the 'other sister' got fired ?

Yes. I know exactly why but it would not (or should not) be of much interest to anyone here. Since I brought it up, it was not through anything conspiratorial, or finding out "where the bodies were buried" so to speak. [That's an inside joke about Rutherford, by the way.]  She merely had shown a bit too much ambition in trying to get higher profile assignments, which wasn't too much of a problem until she was caught interfering with the assignments that others got in the apparent hopes of accomplishing this end.