The World News Media

Study Article Watchtower 11/11/2018

JOHN BUTLER

I thought today's study article was good. Quite basic and practical. 

However the first sentence of paragraph 2 made me laugh. If it were true there would not be half the problems within the Org, the child abuse being a good example.

Paragraph 7 first sentence also is almost funny, but not so because it contains God's name which should not be mocked. 

Paragraph 14 The last sentence says.. "... requires that we exercise empathy, putting ourselves in their situation to the extent possible."  How many brothers or sisters actually do this ? How many have done this regarding Child Abuse victims ? 

I like the bit in paragraph 18 " there will be no more sickness, wars, inherited death, .....  Because of course there will still be death after Armageddon but it will be because people do not want to serve God properly. 

Paragraph 17 talks about, not telling people, they are not doing enough. However in truth this is not put into practice. People, including my wife, are being 'pushed' into doing more for the Org. 

All in all it made for a good read though. But it seems to be telling the congregants to do what people in the world do normally. Keep Displaying Love,

Compare  Matthew 5 v 43 through 48

“You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44  However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you, 45  so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous.i 46  For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47  And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48  You must accordingly be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. 

Is this not showing that people in the world show love to one another. So it is obvious that JW's should do the same. 

• 1 month later...

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are still being a parrot of the GB. You seem to know of nothing else.  As for me I'm not bitter and i do have very positive thoughts. Your problem seems to be that you have to insult me because I

That is it!  You are another person with OCD.  There is only one subject on your mind and you return to it in everything you say.  .....  I have seen not one thing positive come from your mouth!   My question is this:  can a sweet fountain bring forth such bitter water - and only bitter water?  (obsessive compulsive disorder)

5 hours ago, Arauna said:

That is it!  You are another person with OCD.  There is only one subject on your mind and you return to it in everything you say.  .....  I have seen not one thing positive come from your mouth!   My question is this:  can a sweet fountain bring forth such bitter water - and only bitter water?  (obsessive compulsive disorder)

You are still being a parrot of the GB. You seem to know of nothing else.  As for me I'm not bitter and i do have very positive thoughts. Your problem seems to be that you have to insult me because I do not agree with your way of thinking. But remember that Jesus did not agree with the Pharisees' thoughts and deeds either. If you opened your eyes and your heart it would be easy for you to see how wicked the Governing Body of JW Org are. But you prefer to stay blind and just have your ears tickled by the GB's puppets, the Elders. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.