The World News Media

Ecuador and Brazil So here’s my question for you all – is a...

The Librarian

tumblr_o6m955GELt1s865f6o1_500.jpg

Ecuador and Brazil
So here’s my question for you all – is a tarantula still scary if it’s this beautiful? I really don’t know.This purple tarantula has me very confused! This is the Brazilian Pinkbloom Tarantula (Pamphobeteus platyomma/Vitalius wacketi* ) which grows to a length of 9 cm (but specimens of 11 cm have been recorded). Females are dark brown/black but mature males have this incredible purple/pink hue that makes them highly prized in the arachnid aficionado community. However, word on the internetz is that they aren’t the most friendly of spiders. They’ll bite without provocation and flick their hairs at you, which can cause skin irritation. I really don’t blame them for being aggressive. If someone wanted to keep me in a tiny cage just because I was pretty to look at I don’t think I’d be that happy either!

View the full article

• Views 683
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.