Jack Ryan

• Views 383
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew9969:

There are many types of love.

If I was trapped in a car, burning to death, I would hope that someone had enough love for me, even though we had never met, to put a bullet in my brain, and kill me.  Many would consider this murder.

I would consider this an act of love, and compassion.

Recently my wife caught a large brown recluse spider in the house, in a pint mason jar and she brought it to me, sealed up with the screw lid.  Brown recluse spiders can bite you and cause your skin to die, and the venom spreads and causes skin to go necrotic. A SERIOUS threat.

It sat on my desk for a few days, and I watched it struggle, but it could not get up the glass jar walls. It even produced web, and tried that, to no avail. I punched a couple of holes in the metal lid with some scissors, and poured a teaspoon of water through the holes., which revived it dramatically.

In a few more days, I asked my wife to take the spider across the street, and release it in some woods, which she did. I hope it lived.

There are many types of love.

Sometimes self defense can be had without killing the one who, just being who or what they are ... can cause you serious harm, or death.

The spider probably did not like being unfriended, and banished, either.

He (or she) will probably get over it.

Go therefore, and do likewise.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.