The World News Media

"I prayed to Jehovah and he helped me get a new car so I could full-time pioneer!!!"

Jack Ryan

• Views 518
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The worst 'answered prayer' story i have heard, is about a couple. They did well for themselves, husband worked hard and made a bit of money. Wife pioneered and what-not. They have some money invested

The worst 'answered prayer' story i have heard, is about a couple. They did well for themselves, husband worked hard and made a bit of money. Wife pioneered and what-not. They have some money invested here and there, but decide to take most of their money form the various investments and put it all in to a hotel somewhere in the Caribbeans.

They spend years planning, and building a resort on one of the beaches, but of cause the husband is away for months on end, the marriage is strained, wife spirituality is dropping, husband's non existed. When the husband is home, he out drinking and making dealings because it costing more and more.

CO pays them a visit, and they agree that they need to make a change. So later that night they pray, "jehovah, help us out here, do we finish the resort and sell it? Do we get out now and cut our loses? please help us?"

The words of that brother telling me this where, "at that exact moment, a hurricane changed direction", it wasn't going to make land fall. But at that moment they prayed it changed course and head straight to they resort and destroyed it.

Yes, that was their answer to their prayer. God sent a hurricane to show them that they must leave the resort. Never-mind the lives lost because of it making landfall, or the damaged it caused. It was the answer god sent. Even as a PIMI it didn't sit right with me. However, they did make great changes to their lives, i believe he even become a elder.

I still can't believe that they thought god would answer a prayer in that way.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.