The World News Media

New Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Pandemic (aka WuFlu)

TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 18.3k
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An outbreak of a novel coronavirus was initially identified during mid-December 2019 in the city of Wuhan in central China, as an emerging cluster of people with pneumonia with no clear cause. The out

@The Librarian  You know it's never good when a public health scientist starts off a tweet with "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD."    

I don't really know. My youngest son speaks and writes Chinese fairly well and has been writing to some friends in China. They are working under the assumption that some persons CAN get it again, but

Posted Images

Coronavirus Live Updates: Alarm Grows as Markets Tumble and Death Toll Rises

Health officials in the United States said more than 100 people were being evaluated for possible infection. Of the nearly 3,000 people who have contracted the virus, the vast majority live in China.

By The New York Times

The death toll in China surpassed 100.

An epidemic is growing. Here’s what you need to know:

Deaths climb above 100 as China records new cases.

Stocks tumble as investors worry about the impact on global growth.

C.D.C. urges travelers to avoid nonessential trips to China.

110 people in the United States are being evaluated for infection.

New York City is bracing for the coronavirus: ‘It’s inevitable.’

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/world/asia/china-coronavirus.html

• Administrator

Wuhan Municipal Government Offering Free Cremations

Local reports

The Wuhan municipal government is apparently offering free cremations.  Here is the link on Weibo, which is attributed to the Wuhan Internet Information Office.  According to the post, "during New Year's Eve a funeral agency in Wuhan increased the price to receive remains, causing complaints from survivors."  To make up for apparent price gouging, "charges for the cremation of the remains of deceased pneumonia patients with new coronaviruses will now be free of charge".  We cannot 100% confirm the validity of the Weibo post, but it appears authentic.

Overall, we remain skeptical regarding how the Chinese government is handling the situation, and we very much continue to question the official outbreak tally as well as the death count.  Also of note is back on January 26th, we reported that prior to the coronavirus making the news this month, one cremation center in Wuhan reportedly [we are not able to confirm this] cremated more than 30 bodies in one night alone (and these deaths were not attributed to the coronavirus).  In the same update, we also reported that separately the Wall Street Journal had published an article examining how some hospitals had been  classifying the cause of death in many patients as just "severe pneumonia"and not related to the coronavirus (those deaths also were not included in the count of infected people and deaths).  It is difficult to know what exactly is taking place in China at present, but free cremations is a morbid development we have not seen before and is also a reminder of the earlier reports we heard of December cremations.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• By the way, if you're into stuff like this, you might wanna check out https://thepythagoras.com/. They have some neat articles about ancient civilizations and their contributions to science and math. It’s really interesting how much we owe to these early thinkers.
    • The Dendera Zodiac is such an amazing piece of history. Imagine ancient Egyptians looking up at the same stars we do now and creating this detailed map. It's mind-blowing! So, what do I think about it? I think it's a fascinating blend of art and astronomy. Those ancient folks really knew their stuff. The way they incorporated their gods and mythologies into the constellations is just brilliant. And it's not just about the stars, it’s a glimpse into how they viewed the universe and their place in it.
    • FIFA's collaboration with Algorand represents a significant milestone for blockchain technology. Algorand will serve as the official blockchain platform for FIFA, supporting events such as the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This partnership is poised to enhance FIFA's digital asset management while boosting Algorand's visibility through advertising and promotional opportunities. On another note, I've been tuning into African football recently. The match between Kanifing East FC and Latrikunda United was unexpectedly impressive. African football often goes underappreciated, yet the skill and enthusiasm in these matches are evident. We can expect even more significant development and excitement in African football with increased attention and support.
    • The partnership between FIFA and Algorand is a big step for blockchain technology. Algorand will be the official blockchain platform for FIFA, sponsoring events like the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This partnership will help FIFA with digital assets and provide advertising and promotional opportunities for Algorand. 
    • Are you  excited for the upcoming Euro Cup?
  • Members

• ComfortMyPeople

ComfortMyPeople 551

• chan

chan 0

• Esther

Esther 0

• Recent Status Updates

• Gilles h  »  jpl

Bonjour mon frère 
      J'espère que tu vas bien 
      Aurais-tu les points actualités et culte matinal en transcription.
      Je te remercie d'avance 
      Merci de partager avec nous
      Un très belle journée 

· 2 replies
    • lauleb  »  misette

merci pour ton travail très utile. tu es une aide qui fortifie
      · 0 replies
    • Pamela Dunston  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hi, TB
      I would like to get the weekly meeting and watchtower materials  and the 2024 convention 
      Attend the 2024 Convention—“Declare the Good News!”
      notebook, I just recently got a new computer, If don't mind my brother to add me on and allow me access to our study again.

Thank you, so much
      Sister Dunston
      · 2 replies
    • SpiritualSister 24  »  DARLENE2022

Hello, Darlene, I just love your name, I had a cousin named Darline, and had a classmate also named Darlene! It's a pleasure to know another Darlene! Especially a Spiritual Sister! There's some websites, Ministry Ideaz , JW Stuff.com, and Etsy that I use to order my yearly buttons for the Conventions! They always send me what I order, and their also Jehovah's Witnesses, that send us the merchandise we order!  You can check out these websites, and they might have what your looking for! I hope I have been helpful in assisting you, Darlene! Agape love, Shirley!😀
      · 1 reply
    • SpiritualSister 24

2024"Enter Into God's Rest" Circuit Assembly! 
      · 0 replies
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    splonge

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.