Kosonen

• Views 8.7k
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite circuit overseer—an old fellow—long ago said that he doesn’t argue with trinitarians. “I’ve never convinced one,” he said. I’m struck by the verse that has cropped up a few times rece

The way it has been explained, and the way I have witnessed it, is that slimeballs lift their copyrighted material, insert it into a maligning context, and beat them over the head with it. To the poin

@Kosonen , There are at least two additional scriptural ways to reach this same conclusion. Here is one: (Revelation 6:7-11) 7 When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth

Posted Images

The Bible does reveal the details about the timing of specific events during the great tribulation (even though at the publishing of this video the governing body didn't know the details because Jehovah chose to reveal it to lowly ones first, that Jehovah may get glory for himself by means of using lowly ones, Jehovah is praised in this...) but this is still a really great talk as far as discussing how Jehovah will protect His people during that time. (Also, there will still be preaching of the good news during the great tribulation because Jesus never said it would stop - although the way we preach during the great tribulation will most likely be less formal, more like informal witnessing and not door-to-door or carts.) And "Jehovah's people" doesn't just mean those with the label of "Jehovah's Witnesses". Some with the label of "Jehovah's Witness" are actually like Judas. Any fake "Jehovah's Witnesses" will not be protected during the great tribulation UN attack on false religion. Others without the label "Jehovah's Witness" who are actually God's people, as proved by their love for others, will be protected during that UN attack. ("All will know you are my disciples, if you have love amongst yourselves.") Throughout history, "Jehovah's people" included non-Israelites, like Noah and his family, Abraham and Sarah, Rahab, Ruth, the Gibeonites, a great crowd of non-Hebrews out of Egypt, etc. "Jehovah knows those who belong to Him."

Jehovah Protects His People (transcript and video)

Brother Anthony Morris

"Now the Watchtower from where the comments are taken had the theme "Your Deliverance is Getting Near." Now, this was a sobering and yet very encouraging Watchtower Study Article. And the theme was taken from Luke chapter 21, so if you'd like to find that, Luke 21. And in the context, prior to verse 28, we know verse 26, "People will become faint out of fear and expectation of things coming upon the inhabited earth." And then mentions the heavens shaken, then see the Son of man, and that's where we find the theme, verse 28, "But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your head, because your deliverance is getting near."

Now as we know, that is fulfilled during the great tribulation. That's something to keep in mind, that at that time when these events take place they'll be able to stand up and look forward to the deliverance.

Now for a moment, just reflect back on the Hezekiah video that we enjoyed during the convention season last year. It was amazing, and what a beautiful job the brothers did in audio-video, depicting one angel that destroyed 185,000 men. It was spectacular. However, find Revelation chapter 17. Revelation chapter 17 and this is what is foretold for the near future. The context here, Revelation 17, where verse 12 mentions the ten horns, and then down into verse 13, after this one hour with the wild beast, the United Nations, and they give their authority to the wild beast. Humans in general would find that hard to believe when they look at what's going on in the world today, but here's what they're going to do, in verse 14: "These will battle with the Lamb, but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful will do so."

Now, as good as our brothers are in audio-video, I personally  doubt anyone could do a videography and capture this event. You're talking about Christ Jesus, the 144,000 anointed immortal spirit creatures, and then Jesus has the holy angels that are under his direction as King. This is going to be spectacular. All things are possible with God, but I think it would have to have Him to be able to show a video to capture what's coming in the future - just spectacular.

Now just keep in mind, and the Watchtower made this clear, we don't know the sure and exact sequence of events, the time order - some of it, as the Watchtower said, will likely overlap - however what we do know, and Jehovah's been kind about this, is what's going to take place to start the great tribulation. Now we find here in verse 15, and we'll read through 17 of Revelation 17: "He said to me, 'The waters that you saw where the prostitute is sitting, means peoples and crowds and nations and tongues. And the ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute, and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh, and completely burn her with fire.'"

Now here's the fact and verification for why this will happen, verse 17: "For God put it into their hearts to carry out His thought; yes, to carry out their one thought, by giving their kingdom to the wild beast until the words of God will have been accomplished." So it's as good as done. This is what's going to happen, regardless of how people view us when we preach this good news, because this is good news, the destruction of the world empire of false religion at the beginning of the great tribulation, this is spectacular news for God's people, and until it takes place, they won't believe it. But it will happen, because Jehovah says it's going to happen.

So that will be a time for us to prove our love for Jehovah God. We'll be the only group protected by him. Now this was profound too, this article in the Watchtower made this - I thought it was a profound statement when you think about the organization we're part of - it said in paragraph 9: "This will not be the time to preach the good news of the Kingdom." My, we're a preaching organization, so there's a time we'll not preach the good news? Yes. Remember, one of our favorite verses, it's etched on the minds and hearts of God's people: "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations," and don't forget the last part, "and then the end will come."

So during the great tribulation, no good news. However, we do know they'll be preaching. And you think we're unpopular now? Oh, my. Notice Revelation 16, in the context Armageddon is being addressed, and notice verse 21: "Then great hailstones, each about the weight of a talent, fell from heaven on the people, and the people blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, for the hail was unusually great." Yes. So the message and the preaching is going to be like hailstones. I don't know if you've ever been in a hailstorm, but this is a huge hailstorm being depicted here, likely, possibly a hard-hitting message; maybe a declaration announcing that Satan's world is about to come to a complete end.

So let's just stay-tuned and don't feel bad. I know, I was out in the ministry in one territory recently, and it's good to suffer reproach. We all need that, like Jesus did. The door-to-door is good for us. But, see, if you think we're suffering reproach now? Well, get ready, it's just training for this future declaration that we'll have the privilege to share in.

Now, keep in mind, there is this event that the Watchtower did mention in Matthew chapter 24, and if you'll find that. And it's nice to have this clear. Matthew chapter 24, and we're going to read verse 31: "And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity." So what the Watchtower stated there is it's not the initial gathering of the anointed or the final sealing; this is when the remnant, the remaining ones, received their heavenly reward during the great tribulation. And this event takes place at some point after the beginning of the attack of Gog.

Now at that time, that's when Matthew 13:43 is fulfilled: "The righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father." So, as we've mentioned, sobering, yes, but encouraging, oh, yes. So encouraging. 

So brothers, let's be confident. Let's trust in Jehovah. There's no need to be afraid. Let's keep up our spiritual routine and prove ourselves ready because the great tribulation is near."

Jehovah Protects His People.mp4

I suspect that “getting ready for the Great Tribulation”  could take either 15 minutes, or 15 years. Those people hiding in the underground basements and bunkers in the videos were apparently all killed at the beginning of the Great Tribulation …. but resurrected later after Armageddon was all over, at a vegan picnic.

That’s my plan …. Get captured and killed the first day!, and miss the horror.

Stand still and see the salvation of Jehovah! 

if I am, or are not resurrected is whole different topic.

Dying is not that big a deal. A billion and more years of all living things dying (except for Enoch, who got transferred …) attest to that.

As a young man I used to jump out of perfectly good airplanes, so I am sorta used to the idea.

My only regret is that Jehovah will not allow me to die with a big grin,  fallen into a scattered cone of hot, smoking brass.

3 hours ago, Pudgy said:

My only regret is that Jehovah will not allow me to die with a big grin,  fallen into a scattered cone of hot, smoking brass.

Well, I'll be relieved if you don't get your "scattered cone" death-wish. I hope the only "scattered cone" you ever get is maybe a Moose Tracks Ice Cream Cone or perhaps a hot brass spinning water sprinkler spraying a scattered cone of rainbow reflecting water prisms into a fine smoke-like mist about you as you and your wife enjoy another sunset watching the birds fly home. There aren't enough people around with common sense in the world as it is. 

3 hours ago, Pudgy said:

As a young man I used to jump out of perfectly good airplanes, so I am sorta used to the idea.

(I'll grin when you someday end up with a "Moses"-like assignment...he would've jumped out of airplanes when he was younger too but later just wanted to stay out to pasture with the sheep. Jehovah knew Moses was ready for the job after Moses felt ready to retire. Moses just wanted to be wiped out too. "So Moses returned to Jehovah and said: “What a great sin this people has committed! They made themselves a god of gold!  But now if you are willing, pardon their sin; if not, please wipe me out from your book that you have written.”  However, Jehovah said to Moses: “Whoever has sinned against me, I will wipe him out of my book.  Go now, lead the people to the place about which I have spoken to you. Look! My angel will go ahead of you, and on the day when I make an accounting, I will bring punishment on them for their sin.”)

3 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Dying is not that big a deal. A billion and more years of all living things dying (except for Enoch, who got transferred …) attest to that.

Yes, Jehovah can resurrect the dead. And the tired, at the appointed time. Praise Jehovah.

Some people don't like salad. That's cool. I'd don't care for seaweed salad myself. But I think a nice Greek salad with lots of feta and olives is good. Or an antipasto with some Genoa salami. Perhaps just fresh greens with garden cucumbers and a Beefsteak tomato, a little oil and vinegar and salt and fresh basil...

Okay, @Pudgy, you might have to close your eyes for a minute, I have a whole bunch of word salad here, lol...Daniel chapter 8 verses and explanation regarding the UN. I put the verses at the end of this post for reference.

Daniel had several visions that presented the progression of world powers in slightly different ways (kind of like how John had the visions of Revelation that depict the coming of the kingdom in slightly different angles.)

Daniel chapter 8 progresses...

from Ram to Goat 

...to Four-Horns-On-the-Goat 

...to Focus-On-One-Small-Horn on the Goat.

Later in the chapter, the angel explains who's who...

Ram=Media/Persia

Goat=Greece

Four Horns=Four Kingdoms that descend from Greece.

The context and other parts of the Bible show that...

The One-Small-Horn is the United Nations.

(side note: Daniel chapter 11 describes the details of the descent of the Four Horns into two kingdoms, the King of the North and the King of the South. Revelation 13 shows the King of the South as US/UK breathing life into the UN. The UN is an extension of the US/UK world power. Thus the UN is depicted as the Small Horn in Daniel chapter 8.)

The details in verses 13-14 show that the United Nations rules for a little while and it is the king that attacks religion on a global scale as foretold in Revelation during the appointed time of the 3 1/2 years of the great tribulation.

The leader of the United Nations will come to his power "as the transgressors act to a completion". The "transgressors" are the lawless ones in the organization, those foretold who are apostatizing, sitting as lawless ones like gods in the House of God, described in 2 Thessalonians. The lawless ones who are like wolves in the congregation are saying "Peace and Security", namely, that they will not be attacked during the tribulation because of their titles and prominence, that they will survive despite their ungodly deeds. They are wrong. They will not be safe when the UN attacks Babylon the Great because titles and prominence will not save anybody. The UN will attack the Bethels and the KHs, and Jehovah will permit it because Jehovah does not dwell in handmade temples. Jehovah will allow His angels to protect faithful individuals in the congregation (and outside the congregation) who are sighing and groaning over what is going on.

The leader of the United Nations' "power will become great, but not through his own power. He will bring ruin in an extraordinary way" (the footnote reads, "or bring terrible destruction") "...during a time of security he will bring many to ruin" (the footnote reads, "or possibly, 'and without warning.'") Similar to when Jesus said "at an hour you do not think it to be." Also, that many in the organization would be asleep. They are waiting for the nations to cry "peace and security" because they are looking in the wrong place. The nations will not say "peace and security" in any special way before the UN attacks religion. It is the lawless ones in the congregation that are saying "peace and security" when they are attacked by the UN.

"He will even stand up against the Prince of princes, but he will be broken without human hand. “What was said in the vision about the evenings and the mornings is true, but you must keep the vision secret, for it refers to a time many days from now.” 

The UN will stand up against the Prince of princes during the great tribulation. The UN will attack Jehovah's Witnesses at the beginning of the tribulation, and also throughout the 3 1/2 years of the tribulation.

Jehovah is making clear now what is about to happen. May Jehovah be praised. It is important because the destruction will be so great, "unless Jehovah cut it short, no flesh would be saved." The organization will be restored and refined, after the 2,300 evenings and mornings (which means after 1,150 days). 

It matters that you know. It matters because somebody has to know and tell the brothers. They don't have a clue it's coming in this way. Do you have relatives or friends who are Jehovah's Witnesses? They will be shocked when the Bethels are gone, when the governing body is shown to be the lawless ones who apostatized, when the attack on false religion by the UN STARTS AT THE BETHELS. The faith of Jehovah's Witnesses will be tested. They don't expect the great tribulation to last 3 1/2 years. They won't know what to do. They will be afraid. You will be able to comfort them, and tell them that Jehovah foretold these things - Jehovah hasn't left them. You are one of Jehovah's witnesses. They will have to know that Jehovah loves you in that hour, and that you love them, when you comfort them with this information. They will need comfort, and you will be able to comfort them. Jehovah is praised in this, humbling the haughty and exalting the lowly, and sending comforters to comfort the mourning ones. Praise Jehovah.

"Look! I will make those from the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews yet are not, but are lying—look! I will make them come and bow before your feet and make them know that I have loved you.  Because you kept the word about my endurance, I will also keep you from the hour of test, which is to come upon the entire inhabited earth, to put to the test those dwelling on the earth.  I am coming quickly."

(Verses 1-12)

"In the third year of the kingship of King Bel·shazʹzar, a vision appeared to me, Daniel, after the one that appeared to me previously.  I saw the vision, and as I watched I was in Shuʹshan the citadel, which is in the province of Eʹlam; I viewed the vision, and I was next to the watercourse of Uʹlai.  As I raised my eyes, look! there was a ram standing before the watercourse, and it had two horns. The two horns were tall, but one was higher than the other, and the higher one came up later.  I saw the ram making thrusts to the west and to the north and to the south, and no wild beasts could stand before it, and there was no one who could provide rescue from its power. It did as it pleased and exalted itself. As I kept watching, look! there was a male goat coming from the west crossing the surface of the whole earth without touching the ground. And the goat had a conspicuous horn between its eyes.  It was coming toward the ram with the two horns, which I had seen standing before the watercourse; it was running toward it in a powerful rage. I saw it closing in on the ram, and it was filled with bitterness toward it. It struck down the ram and broke its two horns, and the ram was powerless to stand up to it. It threw the ram to the ground and trampled it down, and there was no one to rescue it from its power. Then the male goat exalted itself exceedingly, but as soon as it became mighty, the great horn was broken; then four conspicuous horns came up instead of the one, toward the four winds of the heavens. Out of one of them came another horn, a small one, and it grew very great toward the south and toward the east and toward the Decoration.  It grew so great that it reached all the way to the army of the heavens, and it caused some of the army and some of the stars to fall to the earth, and it trampled them down.  It exalted itself even against the Prince of the army, and from him the constant feature was taken away, and the established place of his sanctuary was thrown down.  And an army was given over, together with the constant feature, because of transgression; and it kept throwing truth to the earth, and it acted and had success."

(Verses 13-14)

"And I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to the one speaking: “How long will the vision of the constant feature and of the transgression causing desolation continue, to make both the holy place and the army things to trample on?”  So he said to me: “Until 2,300 evenings and mornings; and the holy place will certainly be restored to its right condition.”" 

(Verses 15-22)

"While I, Daniel, was watching the vision and seeking to understand it, suddenly I saw standing in front of me someone who appeared to be a man.  Then I heard the voice of a man in the midst of the Uʹlai, and he called out: “Gaʹbri·el, make that one understand what he saw.”  So he came near to where I was standing, but when he came I was so terrified that I fell facedown. He said to me: “Understand, O son of man, that the vision is for the time of the end.”  But while he was speaking with me, I fell fast asleep with my face to the ground. So he touched me and made me stand up where I had been standing.  Then he said: “Here I am causing you to know what will happen in the final part of the denunciation, because it is for the appointed time of the end. “The two-horned ram that you saw stands for the kings of Meʹdi·a and Persia.  The hairy male goat stands for the king of Greece; and the great horn that was between its eyes stands for the first king.  As for the horn that was broken, so that four stood up instead of it, there are four kingdoms from his nation that will stand up, but not with his power."

(Verses 23-26)

"And in the final part of their kingdom, as the transgressors act to a completion, a fierce-looking king who understands ambiguous sayings will stand up.  His power will become great, but not through his own power. He will bring ruin in an extraordinary way, and he will be successful and act effectively. He will bring mighty ones to ruin, also the people made up of the holy ones.  And by his cunning he will use deception to succeed; and in his heart he will exalt himself; and during a time of security he will bring many to ruin. He will even stand up against the Prince of princes, but he will be broken without human hand. “What was said in the vision about the evenings and the mornings is true, but you must keep the vision secret, for it refers to a time many days from now.”"

"Maintain low tones!" 😆

Low tones, is that like an undertone?

"This book of the Law should not depart from your mouth, and you must read it in an undertone day and night, in order to observe carefully all that is written in it; for then your way will be successful and then you will act wisely.  Have I not commanded you? Be courageous and strong. Do not be struck with terror or fear, for Jehovah your God is with you wherever you go."

"Happy is the man who does not walk according to the advice of the wicked

And does not stand on the path of sinners 

And does not sit in the seat of scoffers.  

But his delight is in the law of Jehovah, 

And he reads His law in an undertone day and night.  

He will be like a tree planted by streams of water, 

A tree that produces fruit in its season, 

The foliage of which does not wither.  

And everything he does will succeed."

"Maintain low tones!" 

Moving right along...I'm glad Jehovah's chariot has Jehovah driving and Jehovah knowing the time table - we just get to go along for the ride...

"Movin' right along in search of good times and good news

With good friends you can't lose

This could become a habit!

Opportunity knocks once let's reach out and grab it (yeah!)

Together we'll nab it

We'll hitchhike, bus or yellow cab it!

(Cab it?)

Movin' right along

Footloose and fancy-free

Getting there is half the fun, come share it with me

Moving right along (doog-a-doon doog-a-doon)

We'll learn to share the load

We don't need a map to keep this show on the road

(Hey, that song is sounding better Fozzie)

Movin' right along, we've found a life on the highway

And your way is my way

So trust my navigation

California here we come, the pie-in-the-sky-land

Palm trees, and warm sand

Though sadly we just left Rhode Island

(We did what?!)

(Just forget it)

Movin' right along (doog-a-doon doog-a-doon)

Hey LA, where've you gone?

Send someone to fetch us, were in Sasketchewan!

Movin' right along (doog-a-doon doog-a-doon)

You take it, you know best

Hey, I've never seen the sun come up in the West?

Movin' right along we're truly birds of a feather

We're in this together

And we know where we're going

Movie stars with flashy cars and life with the top down

We're storming the big town

(Yeah, storm is right, should it be snowing?)

(Uh, no I don't think so)

Movin' right along,

Do I see signs of men?

Yeah, "welcome" on the same post that says "come back again"

Moving right along (nice town!)

Footloose and fancy-free

You're ready for the big time

Is it ready for me?

Movin' right along

Movin' right along

Movin' right along

Movin' right along"

😁

Remember that scene where Kermit says something like: "We need more dogs and bears and chickens and whatever!"

I like that Jehovah's love for people is like that. He doesn't only love or only save Jehovah's Witnesses. Just like He didn't love only the Jews. Jehovah brought the nations into a relationship with Him. It's going to be the same again. It's not just Jehovah's Witnesses that He's going to save during the tribulation. The ransom is enough for them - those who are not yet Jehovah's Witnesses. We don't have to be the judge, thank God, that's not our job. We just have to love.

Those of the nations who became Christians were drawn by the love, not by the requests for Bible studies.

"Let your love be without hypocrisy."

"“‘I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you about these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star.’” And the spirit and the bride keep on saying, “Come!” and let anyone hearing say, “Come!” and let anyone thirsting come; let anyone who wishes take life’s water free."

The ransom is enough for them. Praise Jehovah. 🥰