The World News Media

Jehovah's Witnesses in Cumbria given approval for place of worship

Isabella

PLANS to turn a vacant retail unit into a Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witnesses have been approved.

Eden District Council has given the go-ahead for The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Britain’s proposal for the half-acre site, on the A66, Coupland Beck, in Appleby.

According to the design and access statement: “The proposal is located adjacent a residential property.

“The area is open rural farmland with just a handful of houses.

“These comprise generally of two storey stone homes, render and rough cast walls under, generally, a slate roof.”

It also stated: “The local congregation was established in the mid 1950’s and has steadily grown since then to approximately 75.

“At present they meet in the township of Bongate where their present hall has undergone several alterations to cater for the growing numbers.

Read more: https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/18434061.jehovahs-witnesses-cumbria-given-approval-place-worship/

• Views 685
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLANS to turn a vacant retail unit into a Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witnesses have been approved. Eden District Council has given the go-ahead for The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Bri

This is my congregation & we're all really excited as we desperately needed a bigger hall. Our KH in Appleby was an old converted Chapel & became far too small for us This hall is right on the main A66 just outside Appleby & will have lots of parking spaces. 

My apartment is the nearest to the new hall of any of the brothers & sisters too so I'm really excited.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.