The World News Media

Furuli's new e-book: "My Beloved Religion - And The Governing Body"

Ann O'Maly

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

I don't think so...... very few courses are worth their salt these days and children come out dumber than before they went into the propaganda machine. 

Than few things are possible. TTH son is intelligent person. He is not lazy and/or preoccupied with playing.  TTH is good teacher and know enough about what and how to transfer knowledge and skills to his children. 

• Views 32k
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I brought it up because it's one of several places where Furuli's book provides the exact type of anecdote I am familiar with. These types of interactions were evidently memorable and important to Fur

In this world nothing is perfect because humans tend to overstep boundaries - even Moses did so. But if we are really prepared to give our life for another (spirit of christ), then reading our bi

If it was JWI, you’d still be reading it.  Because that “merely” is a pretty big merely.  What if my roof caves in tomorrow and I decide it’s God’s fault? What if I park on the Kingdom H

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Arauna said:
7 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

to refuse be part of wrong "demeanor" of

Interesting words srecko. Any "aquired" demeanor is hypocritical.

Thanks for accent on this word. I used it from @Anna comments, and perhaps not get deeper meaning of expression. It is not only about "behavior" as such. When you said "interesting wording" that send me a signal. I went on dictionary again:  

Definition of demeanor

: behavior toward others : outward manner - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/demeanor

outward manner - I get it. It is not just behavior as such, but two face, two side how individual present self: in general public and inside closed circle.

To have such "insight" on others is more possible with people around us. It is little more difficult about people who writing articles in magazines about whom i don't know nothing. Only WHAT they write. Little more is possible to see on people who showing themselves on TV Broadcasting. We see faces and tone of voice. That is very helpful.  

8 hours ago, JW Insider said:

It takes a lot of self-control for me NOT to respond,

It can be learned. At Sheepandgoats U, there is a degree program on not responding to the ignoramuses. It is taught by a professor of impeccable qualtifications and sterling example - myself. 

Hesitate to sign up, perhaps put off by some examples that you have seen with your own eyes? Then consider a testimonial:

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

TTH is good teacher and know enough about what and how to transfer knowledge and skills 

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Hesitate to sign up

I also hesitate to put some of signs to JW people comments, even i was found some sentence in entire comment i agree with too. But why to show agreement on things that are generally normal and agreeable because they are normal to normal people. Yes, yes, Bible speak about: whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. - Philipians 4 

But if we just praise (sing up comments) each other we won't get far. :))) On other hand people like me must learn how not be partial because, for example, other people religion belongings. :))) 

I love to put 'votes' on all individual comments because to me it shows impartiality. My vote is for or against each comment, not it's writer. 

@JW Insider Quote ' Responding to the Australia trek...'    But all things are possible with God.  Imagine if he had been the one that mentioned the Red Sea opening up, before it actually happened.  Would you have laughed at it ? I think Arauna thought it through in a human way, but if God actually wanted it to happen then it would happen. (No i don't believe will, but in theory it could have) ---------------

12 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

those who lead will (do) cause damage.....,

@Anna  replied 'I guess the answer depends on what you interpret as damage. It's complicated because not everyone gets damaged by the same thing. It also depends on our ability to forgive.'

Child Sexual Abuse damages more than just the victims. So does the Shunning procedure. Even the Blood issues. 

It brings as back to Collateral Damage, which Americans are all to familiar with. 

42 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

But if we just praise (sing up comments) each other we won't get far. :)))

Is that what you think this forum is for—so that we may get far? Have you seen any sign of agreement from anyone over the last five years? The best thing that has happened is that JTR began to realize who all his comments were making him friends with and did a reappraisal. 

As Jesus himself said   ( English Standard Version )
“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

TTH I presume you are in contact with JTR so that you are able to know why he does what he does. 

Do you presume that JTR was not speaking from his heart ? Do you think he said things to 'make friends' ? 

I don't believed JTR was swayed by anyone. i think he said what he wanted to say because he had those feelings in him at the time.  I hope he is well and happy. 

10 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Child Sexual Abuse damages more than just the victims. So does the Shunning procedure. Even the Blood issues. 

It brings as back to Collateral Damage, which Americans are all to familiar with.

Understandable, but you seem to be focused on one side who speak such, not realizing the other side of what you just mentioned. Child abuse is, as well as domestic violence and the like, is something that can damage directly and or indirectly, and it can easily effect those who are not trained and or well equipped to deal with it because this type of sin can put a whole community into limbo and not easy for them to recover at times. As for the shunning, it is supposed to be regarding church ties, hence how excommunication is done, and for the blood issue, not everyone is for blood transfusions, therefore, they see other alternatives that do not require this standard (dubbed gold standard by those in the EU), likewise, there are some cultures out there, mine even, who do not give/take blood at all due to a number of reasons, among them being something quite dark (something I, as a Christian am against). Moreover, you even have other groups and people partaking in alternatives, for instance, you have the US military whereas some opt out blood transfusions for bloodless medicine, as with others, for they do not want to succumb to later complications, as many have, as is with evading contaminated blood. Bible wise, the blood issue has carried over to the New Covenant, therefore, it is not too surprising that any Christians avoid giving/taking blood, to add on to their case, the only blood that is more sacred is that of the Christ, for by means of him, God's hope is what we know by means of our faith and it is this hope that will allow us to live once more. Now, even if I do take/give blood, by the mainstream, my blood, or my people's blood has been branded as the blood of the Devil, for you see, such people quick to judge everyone of that culture and race for the actions of a few people, which is not good.

Americans as well as others know the existence of these things, especially abuse, but they have provided tools to combating the issue. The problem is no one is listening, nor is anyone putting it into practice, for only a small number of people, myself included, are actually listening and applying what child abuse and neglect services tell us to practice and teach. Likewise with any other form of abuse.

As for the other two, Americans are aware of the church's ability to practice excommunication, even so, they've written articles on the matter, some even expressing the one true form of excommunication vs. the ones practiced in some churches. As for blood, not all Americans are for blood transfusions, espically with the fact you have Factor and Ambrosia in our midst. 

17 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Is that what you think this forum is for—so that we may get far? Have you seen any sign of agreement from anyone over the last five years? The best thing that has happened is that JTR began to realize who all his comments were making him friends with and did a reappraisal. 

19 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:
54 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

But if we just praise (sing up comments) each other we won't get far. :)))

In a biblical sense, who can understand will understand -  

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. Prov 27 17

Thanks for remind me about JTR. 

1 minute ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In a biblical sense, who can understand will understand -  

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. Prov 27 17

Thanks for remind me about JTR. 

That is only if you apply and learn from the facts and evidence given, as is, with what is actually true. For if we are to put this application we are in a positive light regards to the matter. Not doing so, you are not sharpen, you only become dull.

That being said, those who understand what is true are the ones who are sharpen and can sharpen others, but those who deviated from understanding what is true, well, they will not be the sharpest tool in the shed, in this sense.