The World News Media

Did God actually speak to the people? And who saw the 'Dove'?

Patiently waiting for Truth

I was answering C.C. about 'When did God actually speak to the people"  And of course we need to go to scripture for answers, but what i found raised a couple of questions.

I'll quote scriptures first. 

Matthew 3 v 16 & 17.

After being baptized, Jesus immediately came up from the water; and look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw God’s spirit descending like a dove and coming upon him. 17  Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.”

Luke 3 v 21 & 22

Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus too was baptized. As he was praying, the heaven was opened up, 22  and the holy spirit in bodily form like a dove came down upon him, and a voice came out of heaven: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”

John 1 v 32 -34

John also bore witness, saying: I viewed the spirit coming down as a dove out of heaven, and it remained upon him. 33  Even I did not know him, but the very One who sent me to baptize in water said to me: ‘Whoever it is upon whom you see the spirit coming down and remaining this is the one who baptizes in holy spirit.’ 34  And I have seen it, and I have given witness that this one is the Son of God.”

Mark 1 v 9- 11

In the course of those days, Jesus came from Nazʹa·reth of Galʹi·lee and was baptized in the Jordan by John. 10  And immediately on coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens being parted and, like a dove, the spirit coming down upon him. 11  And a voice came out of the heavens: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”

What I'm wondering is, who saw the Holy Spirit in the form of the dove 'coming down upon' Jesus ?

And, Who heard the voice of God from heaven speaking ?

The Matthew scripture shoes it as God speaking to the people, but Mark and Luke show it as God speaking to Jesus. 

The scripture in John (Apostle John) , tells us that John ( the Baptiser ) saw the spirit 'coming down' and 'remaining' on Jesus.

Whereas Mathew and Mark say that he saw, that is Jesus saw, the spirit 'coming down' and remaining upon him.

My point being here that Jesus came to be baptised when many others were being baptised. For instance, if 500 people were present and all 500 saw the dove descend and heard God's voice, then all 500 would have known (and believed) that Jesus is the son of God. But, if only John the Baptiser and Jesus saw the dove and heard God's voice then only the two of them would have known (and 'believed') it. 

Also am I right in thinking that Jesus wanted his 'work' kept secret at first ? Didn't Jesus tell some that he cured to 'tell no one'

• Views 468
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• By the way, if you're into stuff like this, you might wanna check out https://thepythagoras.com/. They have some neat articles about ancient civilizations and their contributions to science and math. It’s really interesting how much we owe to these early thinkers.
    • The Dendera Zodiac is such an amazing piece of history. Imagine ancient Egyptians looking up at the same stars we do now and creating this detailed map. It's mind-blowing! So, what do I think about it? I think it's a fascinating blend of art and astronomy. Those ancient folks really knew their stuff. The way they incorporated their gods and mythologies into the constellations is just brilliant. And it's not just about the stars, it’s a glimpse into how they viewed the universe and their place in it.
    • FIFA's collaboration with Algorand represents a significant milestone for blockchain technology. Algorand will serve as the official blockchain platform for FIFA, supporting events such as the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This partnership is poised to enhance FIFA's digital asset management while boosting Algorand's visibility through advertising and promotional opportunities. On another note, I've been tuning into African football recently. The match between Kanifing East FC and Latrikunda United was unexpectedly impressive. African football often goes underappreciated, yet the skill and enthusiasm in these matches are evident. We can expect even more significant development and excitement in African football with increased attention and support.
    • The partnership between FIFA and Algorand is a big step for blockchain technology. Algorand will be the official blockchain platform for FIFA, sponsoring events like the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This partnership will help FIFA with digital assets and provide advertising and promotional opportunities for Algorand. 
    • Are you  excited for the upcoming Euro Cup?
  • Members

• Anna

Anna 5,115

• Dwight Howard

Dwight Howard 0

• chan

chan 0

• Recent Status Updates

• Gilles h  »  jpl

Bonjour mon frère 
      J'espère que tu vas bien 
      Aurais-tu les points actualités et culte matinal en transcription.
      Je te remercie d'avance 
      Merci de partager avec nous
      Un très belle journée 

· 2 replies
    • lauleb  »  misette

merci pour ton travail très utile. tu es une aide qui fortifie
      · 0 replies
    • Pamela Dunston  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hi, TB
      I would like to get the weekly meeting and watchtower materials  and the 2024 convention 
      Attend the 2024 Convention—“Declare the Good News!”
      notebook, I just recently got a new computer, If don't mind my brother to add me on and allow me access to our study again.

Thank you, so much
      Sister Dunston
      · 2 replies
    • SpiritualSister 24  »  DARLENE2022

Hello, Darlene, I just love your name, I had a cousin named Darline, and had a classmate also named Darlene! It's a pleasure to know another Darlene! Especially a Spiritual Sister! There's some websites, Ministry Ideaz , JW Stuff.com, and Etsy that I use to order my yearly buttons for the Conventions! They always send me what I order, and their also Jehovah's Witnesses, that send us the merchandise we order!  You can check out these websites, and they might have what your looking for! I hope I have been helpful in assisting you, Darlene! Agape love, Shirley!😀
      · 1 reply
    • SpiritualSister 24

2024"Enter Into God's Rest" Circuit Assembly! 
      · 0 replies
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lissabelgium

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.