The World News Media

Jehovah's Witnesses demand 25 million from the state - Sweden

Srecko Sostar

1 hour ago, Witness said:

But now, JWs are using computers to reach people, in the same way those who are not JWs, are doing.

JWs may have had a relatively late start here, but I couldn't be more proud of the manner in which it was used as soon as it was taken seriously. And this was a decade ago, not just for Covid19.

Even yesterday, I broke out an old TV streaming box (Roku) and one of the most popular apps on it, is still JW Broadcasting. And this isn't by specially searching for religious apps -- it's still listed as one of the most popular primary apps right up there in the top 50 or so, including Netflix, IMDB, NBC, FOX, etc.

I know that the LDS and 7DA have made use of the Internet in similar ways, but they have been outpaced for years by JW.org. You can also look at independent traffic monitors that look at all sites on the web, and find that for religious sites, jw.org is the number one site of its type.

• Views 2.3k
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well? Of course. The only verb that has probably been added is “demand.” Change it to “asserted that the consequences of the wrong classification should be addressed” and one could not expect anything

What I remember is Ronald J Sider’s book ‘The Scandal of the Evangelical Conscience—Why are Christians Living Just Like the Rest of the World.’ After reviewing dozens of verses on conduct, he say

No, you don’t have to explain anything; although you’ve just cemented the fact that no Holy Spirit is needed to run the WT.  It only needs people.  And money.  Just like all the other “worldly” religi

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

So you think I cannot think for myself - think again.  

No, i said something else. That is, we have to be more careful about what we hear and read and to use more/extra caution about people who openly call their members that they should/need to TRUST THEM (aka GB), and, in fact, only them.

Please, you are intellectually enough strong and i am surprised, in a sad way, that you "interpreted" my words in a way you did. :) 

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

If they were as hung up on money as you insist, they would NOT want members to simplify and work less hours.

What you said have logic. But also, if existing members will work more hour in "field service", logically, God will give blessing and more new members will come. And new members will give donations too. With bigger number of members organization will be blessed with more donations. If 8 million members give $1 every week that is $8 million. IF 20 mil members is involved in donation that is $20 mill every week. :)) 

38 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

but they have been outpaced for years by JW.org.

Oh, that’s what she was talking about. I thought it was of individual JWs witnessing online..

Yes, the website is amazing and exactly the ticket since online is where people hang out these days.

I recall in the days before JW.org telling a workmate that we were online. She came back the next day, and it was clear that she didn’t want to hurt my feelings—she was ever so diplomatic as she told me that it sucked. Not any more. Now it is top of the pack. I wrote the following in Tom Irregardless and Me:

In recent years, the Watchtower organization even offers its own programming through a JW Broadcasting streaming channel, a refreshing and most unusual alternative to mainstream TV. Members of the Governing Body thus repeat the pattern they are known for with any new technology: They eye it with suspicion. They advise caution. They know that when the thief switches getaway cars, it is the thief you have to watch, not the dazzling features of the new car. They follow the thief for a time. Convinced at last that they still have a bead on him, they examine the car. They circle it warily, kicking the tires. At last satisfied, they jump in with both feet and put it to good uses its inventors could only have dreamed of.” 

2 hours ago, Witness said:

To create the discrepancy between both “preaching” efforts, requires Satan to magnify not only the lie, but the manner in which it is spread. (Matt 7:15,22; 24:24

2 hours ago, Witness said:

Whereas truth is pure, not needing regulations, rules and ‘tampering’, to make it palatable by men, to spread it. (James 1:17; Col 2:8, 20-23) The only effort needed, is the love of truth. It does not need massive visual aids to convince the hearer, that it is truth.  It doesn’t need the corporate legal watchdog to preserve it. 

Excellently said!

21 hours ago, JW Insider said:

JWs may have had a relatively late start here, but I couldn't be more proud of the manner in which it was used as soon as it was taken seriously. And this was a decade ago, not just for Covid19.

Even yesterday, I broke out an old TV streaming box (Roku) and one of the most popular apps on it, is still JW Broadcasting. And this isn't by specially searching for religious apps -- it's still listed as one of the most popular primary apps right up there in the top 50 or so, including Netflix, IMDB, NBC, FOX, etc.

I know that the LDS and 7DA have made use of the Internet in similar ways, but they have been outpaced for years by JW.org. You can also look at independent traffic monitors that look at all sites on the web, and find that for religious sites, jw.org is the number one site of its type.

It sounds like a religious internet competition, and WT is winning.  Religious organization vs. religious organization via the internet; however, both the LDS and 7DA have individually, over twice as many congregants than the WT.  So…even though the organization may “outpace” both those religions on the internet, where has it gotten them in numbers of believers?  My point earlier was that there is presently, no more door-to-door preaching work for individual JWs.  If they want to “preach”, the internet is available for them to do so, as it has been for anyone to do so, for quite a long while.  Unless, there will be no more recording of personal preaching hours now that the organization’s website is “number one”? 

I admit that the WT’s website , its “cover”, does look appealing.  Yet, if I were to do a search in its online library, would I find consistent teachings about…

The Body of Christ

“This generation”

The “faithful and discreet slave”

?

To name just a few.  No, I wouldn’t.  As a newcomer, I may question why some of the listed sources are cut off from access.  I may question where the book is to be found on the website, that I was interested in reading called, “The Finished Mystery”; since it is mentioned quite frequently in the articles.  I would have noticed that it is praised for its step toward “pure worship”, yet not available to read.  How is it that those two words "pure worship" are connected to a book that has been discarded for its lies?  Contradiction is the norm for the organization.  

No matter how progressive and appealing the WT appears to be, it doesn’t matter to God and Jesus, if its teachings do not last.  Any spiritual teaching that doesn't last, is a lie.  So, why does the WT praise a lie? John 15:16  Since what the organization's leaders produce, do not last,  according to the book of John, this signifies that its leaders do not “abide” in Christ.  John 15:4,7

You are so intelligent, JWI.  I am amazed at what you know, but you are giving a comparison of accomplishments to other religions and are forgetting that the entire focus should be on the teachings of Christ.  I see pride in what the WT as an organization has achieved in the technical field, but not in providing pure truth.  It can't, since its leaders are incapable of it, so they manifest what they can do.  With enough money, anyone in this world, can soar to great heights.  

What is more important?  The advances in technology by the organization, in building endeavors, movie production… or, simply providing “good fruit” - teachings, that remain?   John 15:1,5,6

Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there.

3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.  Gen 11:1-9