xero

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No wonder I can’t get them to answer the phone.

This is why I always look at the historical context.  The truth was very different then. The entire human society was also much more strict and more authoritarian than the present day. This is why it

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

She is probably just overjoyed to have caught xero’s attention.

That reminds me about watching people at conventions. I don't know why it tickles me to see people nod off when they're trying to stay awake. If I'm ever feeling sleepy, seeing someone else start to slip wakes me up and I find myself quietly amused.

On 3/11/2021 at 9:35 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

No wonder I can’t get them to answer the phone.

I did call them some months ago. There was a digital side note somewhere, explaining some passage or other, that began with: “Does God care about women?” and the answer was “No.”

It was purely a format thing. The “no” was in response to something else, but the formatting put it as answer to the above question.

I explained it to whoever answered the phone and was put through to an extension. I explained it to that brother and he seemed slow to recognize the problem, then inclined to shrug it off as one of those things. Well, this is not the right department anyway, he said, and he rung me through to someone else. 

The phone rang forever and ever and ever and with anyone else I would have hung up. Finally the original brother answered, was surprised that it was me again, then said, well, for some reason they’re not picking up the phone, and said he’d send them the message.

Maybe they were all doing the Happy Bethel dance.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.