Pudgy

• Views 9.5k
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wouldn’t know a waste of time if one bit you in the rear end. Now here’s a waste of time: ”Good morning, brothers. Our first talk today is on the subject of dress and grooming.”

I haven't blocked you. I posted the core beliefs HERE But I will list them here too, since this a relevant topic here. God. We worship the one true and Almighty God, the Creator, whose name

Not that it should matter too much to anyone here, but just to get a discussion started, I will happily state that I am in 100% agreement with all the scriptures in this list. And am in 100% agreement

Posted Images

Just now, TrueTomHarley said:

I don’t know. I think those two tone red/flesh colored pants are too tight to pass muster.

I won’t be wearing one those anytime soon, but I have to admit to being intrigued. I suppose it might work if fitted with a headband equipped with a siren.

49 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I won’t be wearing one those anytime soon, but I have to admit to being intrigued. I suppose it might work if fitted with a headband equipped with a siren.

walt-clyde-frazier-signs-copies-of-rocki
Walt Frazier was my idol as a kid.

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Actually, only a Christian would do what I am doing. Frankly, I’m a little surprised that you are not doing it yourself.”* (Watch that smug smile fade.)

More productive than that snarky answer is when I defuse the tension with such ‘rivals’ with, ‘Look, you think we’re doing it all wrong, and we think you’re doing it all wrong—let’s just admit it. But the point is that we are both ‘doing it,’ and we’re living in a world where most are not, even where many oppose.’ With that common ground established, you can sometimes engage them at an entirely different level, provided we don’t ‘use’ such detente to get the upper hand of a debate.

16 hours ago, Arauna said:

I have been on this forum much longer than you.  I recognize hate-OCD when I see it.  All apostates have it and I usually do not even answer them.  So I think I will ignore you from now on. ......

That's a lot of words just to admit that you don't have an answer. 

26 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

More productive than that snarky answer is when I defuse the tension with such ‘rivals’ with, ‘Look, you think we’re doing it all wrong, and we think you’re doing it all wrong—let’s just admit it. But the point is that we are both ‘doing it,’ and we’re living in a world where most are not, even where many oppose.’ With that common ground established, you can sometimes engage them at an entirely different level, provided we don’t ‘use’ such detente to get the upper hand of a debate.

Or you could do like this one sweet little sister who said jauntily "Fine, your blood is on your own head then" :)

1 hour ago, xero said:

Or you could do like this one sweet little sister who said jauntily "Fine, your blood is on your own head then" 

To put down an unpleasant dodo with a quick retort is well-nigh irresistible, but I try not to do it unless the obstinacy seems entrenched and unchangable, and even then it is probably not for the best. 

The benefits of speaking with obstinate ones is that it affords opportunity to see if you can keep yourself “restrained under evil.” Sometimes you find you cannot, and then it’s back to Bible 101 for you!

the longer version of “you think we’re doing it all wrong, and we think you’re doing it all wrong—let’s just admit it,” includes the line, “We’ll steal people from your church if we can, and you’ll do the same to us.”

It was late in life that I discovered this. With common ground established, I’ve had some very enjoyable discussions with people whom I used to do nothing but cross swords with. 

I have recently discovered that a good reply to the accusation that a person is wrong but obstinate, i.e. “you always have to get the last word in, don’t you?“ Is…

”Since you did not address my last point, and replied as you did, I DID get in the last word.”

9 hours ago, Arauna said:

Hey - do not let them intimidate you.  You have a right to say what you think. They are silencing you when they do not accept solid logical reasoning from the bible. They only accept what they want from the bible and discard the rest!

It’s okay…I was just joking….

8 hours ago, Arauna said:

I have been on this forum much longer than you.  I recognize hate-OCD when I see it.  All apostates have it and I usually do not even answer them.  So I think I will ignore you from now on. ......

That is wise…..