The World News Media

Plymouth (England) shooting: Suspected gunman and five others die. Gunman belonged to incels - blackpill, subcultre.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-58195419

Six people, including a suspected gunman, have died in a shooting in Plymouth.

Devon and Cornwall Police said three females, two males and the suspect had died in the Keyham area of the city on Thursday evening.

One of the dead was a child under 10, according to an MP, but the shooting is not terror-related, police confirmed.

The death toll means it is the worst mass shooting in the UK for more than a decade.

Emergency services were called to Biddick Drive shortly after 18:00 BST on Thursday.

People were told to stay inside and follow police advice as the emergency response developed.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/aug/13/plymouth-shooting-suspect-what-we-know-jake-davison

Jake Davison, the suspected Plymouth attacker, portrayed himself as a man in despair who raged against the success of others and his own failure to find a girlfriend and lose weight.

In what the 22-year-old described as an “unscripted rant” posted just over two weeks ago, he said “for the most part it’s just been me against the world”.

In two videos posted late last month he comes across as a man struggling with his mental health and full of loathing for himself and others.

In the most recent, he says: “It’s just been me fighting an uphill battle with a big f---ing rock on my back, seeing motherf---ers that don’t deserve half of anything now. They’re getting a free ride to the top.”

He compared life to a Terminator movie where “everything is rigged against you – there’s no hope for humanity”.

Davison twice likened himself to an “incel” – a member of a group of men who define themselves as unable to find romantic love, and express online hostility and resentment towards those who are sexually active, particularly women. And he complained that he lacked friends and a support network.

“Maybe the business owner might go bankrupt twice … but guess what he had a wife and kids to support him. Does incel or virgin get that? No. Imagine failing at everything in life and having absolutely no support whatsoever.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19511398.plymouth-killer-jake-davison-incel-blackpill-meaning/

Plymouth killer Jake Davison: What is an 'incel' and blackpill meaning?

A gunman who killed five people in Plymouth before pulling the trigger on himself in the UK's worst mass shooting since 2012 has been named locally as Jake Davison. 

The suspected killer, whose victims included a child under 10, was a self proclaimed 'incel' according to videos posted on his YouTube channel. 

In the videos, the 23-year-old apprentice crane operator claimed to be "defeated by life", blaming his problems on his lack of girlfriend. 

He also makes references to being an "incel" on the channel as well as the "black pill" philosophy subscribed to by the subculture. 

An incel is an abbreviation for "involuntary celibate" which is an online subculture group of people who state they are unable to find a romantic partner despite desiring one. 

Online incel forums are often underlined by discussions of resentment and hatred, mysogyny, misanthropy (contempt for the human species), and racism. 

They also frequently include endorsements of violence against women, with incel culture having been described as "part of the online male supremacist ecosystem". 

There have been numerous cases in which mass murderers have claimed to be part of incel culture, with violence linked to the subculture resulting in the deaths of up to 50 people in the US and Canada.  

Examples include Elliott Rodger, who killed six people in America after publishing a 141-page document detailing his intense hatred of women. 

The killer inspired others in the incel community: in 2018, Alek Minassian posted on Facebook: "The Incel Rebellion has already begun… All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!"

He then proceeded to kill ten people by driving a van into a crowded street in Toronto. 

What is the 'blackpill' philosophy?

The black pill philosophy refers to a set of commonly held beliefs among the incel community, which has been described as a "profoundly sexist ideology" that "amounts to a fundamental rejection of women's sexual emancipation, labeling women shallow, cruel creatures who will choose only the most attractive men if given the choice". 

The belief also subscribes to the idea that success with the opposite sex is determined by genetics at birth. 

People who to have "taken the black pill" believe they are a hopeless case who will never have any success romantically or sexually.

Suspected Plymouth shooter Jake Davison claimed he had been "consuming a black pill overdose" in an online comment. 

• Views 365
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-58195419 Six people, including a suspected gunman, have died in a shooting in Plymouth. Devon and Cornwall Police said three fem

@Patiently waiting for Truth I was unaware of the blackpill reference meaning. What a sad story..... Society does feel like it is crumbling.