The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

then it is to be expected that the anointing from heaven (act of miracle) in the year 1919 did not happen

Do you know the definition of a miracle? Go read it again.  An act of anointing is NOT a miracle.  Cyrus the great was anointed by jehovah and he was a pagan!

• Views 42.4k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

But it that case you ought be smart enough not to comment at all, since whatever you have you think leads to death.

My sins are many and i see no reason why Yeshua should chose to give me life. However that does not stop me from wanting to warn others about the Watchtower and JW Org. I have a love for people that I feel deserve love.  I do not feel that JWs deserve love. However i do know that I should freely forgive anyone that 'sins' against me. It's all about balance and about not being puffed up with self pride. (Which is the oppposite of what you said about me) 

Whereas your GB, whom call themselves the F&DS, presume they already have a place set up in heaven for themselves.  Wow, such boastfulness comes before a fall. 

2 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

My sins are many and i see no reason why Yeshua should chose to give me life. However that does not stop me from wanting to warn others about the Watchtower and JW Org. 

What I think is that you should focus on your own spirituality and relationship with God.

I mean, if I were on a boat approaching the falls that I thought would lead to my certain death, as you have said about your present life, I would not be hollering to those on shore that they’re doing things all wrong.

24 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Do you know the definition of a miracle? Go read it again.  An act of anointing is NOT a miracle.  Cyrus the great was anointed by jehovah and he was a pagan!

The act of anointing may or may not be a "miracle."

It depends on who is doing the anointing. Also for what purpose the anointing was done.

The Bible reports on various types of anointing. Some are made with oil on the head, some are made with fragrant oil on the feet, some are made with “spirit” and with “power”.

Some anointings were done by women. Jesus also experienced that the woman “anointed” him.

So what kind of “anointing” was it, when we talk about the people of 1919 in the WTS?

1 minute ago, Arauna said:

I have never read that all of them were anointed in 1914 and neither did I read (EVER) that it was a miracle - so your words are not just misleading but untruth!

How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ illustration about the faithful slave? In the past, our publications have said the following: At Pentecost 33 C.E., Jesus appointed the faithful slave over his domestics. The slave represents all anointed Christians on earth as a group at any one time since then. The domestics refer to the same anointed ones as individuals. In 1919, Jesus appointed the faithful slave “over all his belongings”—all his earthly Kingdom interests. However, further careful study and prayerful meditation indicate that our understanding of Jesus’ words about the faithful and discreet slave needs to be clarified. (Prov. 4:18) Let us examine the illustration and how it involves us, whether we have the heavenly or the earthly hope............. 

The faithful slave must be made up of anointed Christians on earth............

In 1919, a time of spiritual revival, Jesus selected capable anointed brothers from among them to be the faithful and discreet slave and appointed them over his domestics...........

In view of the foregoing, what can we conclude? When Jesus comes for judgment during the great tribulation, he will find that the faithful slave has been loyally dispensing timely spiritual food to the domestics. Jesus will then delight in making the second appointment—over all his belongings. - https://www.jw.org/ase/library/magazines/w20130715/who-is-faithful-discreet-slave/

Just now, Srecko Sostar said:

How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ illustration about the faithful slave? In the past, our publications have said the following: At Pentecost 33 C.E., Jesus appointed the faithful slave over his domestics. The slave represents all anointed Christians on earth as a group at any one time since then. The domestics refer to the same anointed ones as individuals. In 1919, Jesus appointed the faithful slave “over all his belongings”—all his earthly Kingdom interests. However, further careful study and prayerful meditation indicate that our understanding of Jesus’ words about the faithful and discreet slave needs to be clarified. (Prov. 4:18) Let us examine the illustration and how it involves us, whether we have the heavenly or the earthly hope............. 

The faithful slave must be made up of anointed Christians on earth............

In 1919, a time of spiritual revival, Jesus selected capable anointed brothers from among them to be the faithful and discreet slave and appointed them over his domestics...........

In view of the foregoing, what can we conclude? When Jesus comes for judgment during the great tribulation, he will find that the faithful slave has been loyally dispensing timely spiritual food to the domestics. Jesus will then delight in making the second appointment—over all his belongings. - https://www.jw.org/ase/library/magazines/w20130715/who-is-faithful-discreet-slave/

If the invisible Jesus from heaven chooses a few people of flesh and blood on earth to be FDS, isn't that a "miracle"?
Did these people hear Jesus speak to them from heaven? Then it's a "miracle."
Did these people feel an invisible force that enlightened their minds and hearts and led them to some deed? Then it's a "miracle."

If there was none of that, then maybe it’s self-proclamation, right? Then it's not a "miracle". I agree with you on that.

2 hours ago, Equivocation said:

the UN as not only useless, but still a legitmate thre

The UN according to biblical prophecy is a LARGE threat..... and it already has teeth.  Look up on Google - 2 years ago the UN was captured by the WEF.  Who are the WEF? membership is between 60,000 dollar to half billion a year.  Only the largest global corporations, countries, and rich individuals can afford to be in this inner circle which decide the entire world's fate.

revelation 13: " And it was permitted to give breath* to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who refuse to worship the image of the wild beast.16  It puts under compulsion all people—the small and the great, the rich and the poor, the free and the slaves—that these should be marked on their right hand or on their forehead,v 17  and that nobody can buy or sell except a person having the mark, the namew of the wild beast or the number of its name."

I do not agree with everything this person said on this video below.  A friend sent it to me yesterday.  But if you ever thought the great reset and the new world order with a new digital currency is conspiracy theory - this gives proof that they spoke of it at the world governance summit last week.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4984302801615916&id=100001087374894

klaus schwab is the founder of the WEF in the 1970's. They have been working to get the UN Agenda 2030 goals realized.

18 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.

our father (title) in heaven, hallowed be your name.  This reminds me of the Law given to Israel where Jehovah is called ONE Jehovah, and his name is Jehovah from generation to generation! ... the god of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

Are you a child  of Abraham?    How can anyone of your friends say they are anointed when they do not even acknowledge that name of YEHOVAH.....or Jehovah.... This "Yehovah" is the newly confirmed pronunciation of Jehovah's name as it was discovered in more that 2000 manuscripts wherein  the name has its vowel points - completely intact.

29 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

At Pentecost 33 C.E., Jesus appointed the faithful slave over his domestics.

I have never seen this in our writings.......  Apostles where there when the Holy Spirit was anointing them in 33 CE and a few brothers took the lead in Jerusalem regarding decisions about circumcision etc.  They copied and sent out the letters written by "inspired" brothers (Paul Peter, Jude, Apostles etc.) to all the congregations. So they acted like a central body sending brothers out. Paul was sent out to the uncircumcised and Peter to the circumcised. They did disperse the letters but were not called the slave.  The slave is mentioned in the chapter which refers to the PEROUSIA.

I think you left the JWs because you had the wrong understanding of a lot of things.

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:
14 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Can you please explain to me from the Bible, about the “overlapping generations“?

Gotta wait for the fat lady to sing to see how that works out. She’s not doing it just yet but she is clearing her throat for a mighty bellow.

It really might be you clearing your throat, since Pudgy was asking this question to Arauna.