The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

Do you know the definition of a miracle? Go read it again.  An act of anointing is NOT a miracle. 

Have you experienced an anointing to know this?  It is an unforgettable supernatural event, and those events are "miracles".  People fondly call the birth of a child a "miracle".  An anointing is being spiritually "born again".  Any act of God through His Holy Spirit, is a miracle.  John 3:3-8; 2 Cor 1:21-22; 5:17

• Views 42.4k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Arauna said:
2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

At Pentecost 33 C.E., Jesus appointed the faithful slave over his domestics.

I have never seen this in our writings....... 

In my comment, after quoting a quote from the WT study journal, I left a link.

After reading that magazine, we can conclude that you believed in that explanation until 2013. After that GB changed the doctrine.

Of course, the GB explanation has a lot of weird connotations. According to them, the apostles are a kind of typical model, but the real fulfillment happened only in 1919.

I must have missed something AGAIN, and I do try to read all of Arauna’s posts in their entirety.

Did she ever explain to me from the Bible, about the “overlapping generations“?

I would like to understand what the Apostles understood about the “overlapping  generations”.

…… preferably with the simplicity one might use with a Springer Spaniel puppy.

6 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Did she ever explain to me from the Bible, about the “overlapping generations“?

I do not have the time to look up the history again. I did it about two years ago. Tried to look for my old post but it seems to have been archived. I reasoned on the flood and the generations who were associated with the flood and afterward.... . I could have improved on my old reasoning if I hapoened to have found it.  

I just feel if I have gone to he trouble before and people still go on taunting without really wanting to reason....... I think the repeated  excercise is not worth my time. I rather benefit myself by learning something new.  Trying hard to benefit others on this forum is not met with appreciation but taunting..... like throwing pearls to......... a dead lion? 

15 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Jesus appointed the faithful slave “over all his

Jesus appointed them as the slave..... he did NOT anoint them as the slave according to the illutration.  The only time a GROUP was anointed was when the first fruits of the Holy Spirit was poured out at pentecost. 

14 hours ago, Witness said:

Have you experienced an anointing to know this?  It is an unforgettable supernatural event, and those events are "miracles".  People fondly call the birth of a child a "miracle". 

I surely know that there are many people who think they are so wonderful that they surely think they are anointed.... or they could have this psychological epiphany that they are anointed.....almost like a supernatural event outside themselves.....  similar to people who have the emotional experience in the churches when they "receive the holy spirit"  - sometimes it is not the real thing because this "miracle" can be psychologically induced.   Or if a person was truly anointed ..... it does not mean they remain true wheat - they can become opposers of jehovah.... the Bible says, those who remain faithful to the end will be saved.  Being anointed does not mean they are automatically sealed.

While I am not denigrating your personal experience - it does not seem to me that you have remained in the fold of those participating in pure worship.   Your knowledge seems to have dwindled since I first met you here...... sad to say.  There is still time to repent and update your knowledge.

15 hours ago, Witness said:

eally might be you clearing your throat, since Pudgy was asking this question to Arauna.

I answered it extensively before - no use repeating myself and getting the same result.....sorry, if there was true interest I may attempt to look for the same generational information.... many people here - their main purpose is to taunt.

I am trying to contribute only when I can bring something up that people do not know or a new thought.... or a different perspective. I do not want to get involved in arguments or give derailed people, who use their time to twist your words and spew out more deception.

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

I do not have the time to look up the history again. I did it about two years ago. Tried to look for my old post but it seems to have been archived. I reasoned on the flood and the generations who were associated with the flood and afterward.... . I could have improved on my old reasoning if I hapoened to have found it.  

I just feel if I have gone to he trouble before and people still go on taunting without really wanting to reason....... I think the repeated  excercise is not worth my time. I rather benefit myself by learning something new.  Trying hard to benefit others on this forum is not met with appreciation but taunting..... like throwing pearls to......... a dead lion? 

I understand.

I have asked several Elders, who could not explain it either. 

One Elder was the smartest man at our Kingdom Hall. After I asked him he paused and replied (paraphrased) “I think they are trying the best they know how …”

My gut feeling is that when Jesus was talking about “ …. This generation will not pass away until all these things occur … “, he meant HIS generation .. not the death of Fred Franz, as shown on GB Bro. David Splain’s chart. ( if memory serves …..)

Whatever the case, I am sure the REAL TRUTH about the matter is what’re the Apostles understood the term “this generation” to mean, and I am guessing Jesus did not have a chart to explain it.

18 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

I have asked several Elders, who could not explain it either. 

I guess they have a lot of responsibilities at home and not much time to think about it - I have - but that taunt of yours falls on deaf ears.  I am not here to please YOU. I have made sure for myself and I do not waste my time on people who are not really interested.  If I had the slightest inkling that you would listen to me to try to understand a different point of view than your own - I would have taken the time to prepare an explanation.  You are ready to taunt.... so stick with your attitude.