The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

28 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

My gut feeling is that when Jesus was talking about “ …. This generation will not pass away until all these things occur … “, he meant HIS generation .. not the death of Fred Franz, as shown on GB Bro. David Splain’s chart. ( if memory serves …..)

Though I know you’re not approaching it this way, this view is consistent with the theologians trained in critical thinking who automatically reject anything prophetic since “it is impossible to know the future.” Similarly, most of them reject miracles, since “such things that violate the laws of science don’t happen.” They almost reject God himself, and a far number of them do.

• Views 42.3k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

I surely know that there are many people who think they are so wonderful that they surely think they are anointed.

We have examples in the Bible which show the anointing as miraculous.  Acts 2:1-4; 10:44-46   The pouring out of Holy Spirit on an individual God calls to be His priest in this day and age, is no less miraculous.  Since your leaders say they are "not inspired", then this proves they have left their covenant in Christ.  (John 15:4-7)

Or if a person was truly anointed ..... it does not mean they remain true wheat

This is how spiritual harlots come about.  (Hos 4:15; Rev 13:11,12; 17:1,2)

they can become opposers of jehovah.... the Bible says, those who remain faithful to the end will be saved. 

Faithful to whom?  The anointed cannot bond in the organization, as said by your "faithful slave",  Arauna.  They cannot serve under Jesus Christ, but must answer to men - the elders.  A "faithful and discreet slave" is not a taskmaster, who requires full obedience to HIS spiritual food that continually fails, while disregarding all other members of the Body of Christ.  Your leaders are "okay" with disfellowshipping God's priesthood for rejecting your leaders' spiritual food!  1 John 3:11,12; John 16:2; Rev 13:15   

Being anointed does not mean they are automatically sealed.

And, there is no chance of them being sealed while under the thumb of a wicked slave and the "man of lawlessness"/elder body. They are to come out of the organization and connect again, with Jesus Christ.   Rev 18:4-8

it does not seem to me that you have remained in the fold of those participating in pure worship

“Pure worship” is unobtainable in the Wt.  Again, the priests/living stones of God’s Temple, who must offer spiritual sacrifices of praise, are replaced and silenced by the elders not anointed.  Are their “daily sacrifices” acceptable replacements to God?  (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22)

"You shall say to the rebellious ones, to the house of Israel, ‘This is what the Lord  God says: “Enough of all your abominations, house of Israel, when you brought in foreigners, uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in My sanctuary to profane it, My house, when you offered My food, the fat, and the blood and they broke My covenant—this in addition to all your abominations. And you have not taken responsibility for My holy things yourselves, but you have appointed foreigners to take responsibility for My sanctuary.”  Ezek 44:6-9

In other words, the Temple/dwelling of God in the anointed, has been desolated by abominationsby elders not assigned by God to be His priests.  Elders “stand” in a position that was assigned to the anointed.  They judge God’s “special possession”.  (Ps 105:15)

“who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God”  2 Thess 2:4

The elders have taken their “seat”/ruling position as “representatives” of God’s priesthood.   

“Now when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be—let the reader understand—then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.”  Mark 13:14

Those are the scriptures from God’s word, and there is no scripture to refute the obligation of God’s priests today to serve as priests. The apostles were priests, they taught the anointed what to do, they led in truth. They expected the anointed in that day to teach truth in Christ and BOND as one body under their Head. (1 Cor 12)  Why would it stop with the advent of the Wt?  No excuses backed by scripture, can be made by men , to support their arrangement.   (Mal 2:7; Heb 8:4,5)   JWs who love the elders, love the “arrangement”, will refuse to take note and continue to listen to words of a wicked slave instead.  (Matt 24:48-51; 2 Thess 2:9-12; Rev 16:13-16; Luke 17:26,27; Rev 12:15; Matt 7:21-23)   

This is the message to be given to God's saints in the last days.  All with them, who can perceive this abomination are to get out.  (Mal 3:1-4; 4:4-6; Matt 17:11; Rev 11:1-3; Zech 4:6,7,11-14; Rev 14:6-12; 18:4-8)

6 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Though I know you’re not approaching it this way, this view is consistent with the theologians trained in critical thinking who automatically reject anything prophetic since “it is impossible to know the future.” Similarly, most of them reject miracles, since “such things that violate the laws of science don’t happen.” They almost reject God himself, and a far number of them do.

On what basis should we conclude that Jesus spoke of two or more fulfillments of one and the same "prophecy"?

The problem with "miracles" is not primarily whether they once happened in the past, but whether they can happen again today or tomorrow. For both versions one needs to have an argument that could go beyond one’s belief.

Let us return to the first comment regarding more than one fulfillment of the prophecy. What argument is offered, solely on the basis of a biblical record, which shows that a prophecy has been fulfilled two or more times in the past, covered by the period from the first to the last book of the Bible? Or is this a "miraculous" interpretation of religious leaders?

49 minutes ago, Arauna said:

If I had the slightest inkling that you [the mutt] would listen to me to try to understand a different point of view than your own - I would have taken the time to prepare an explanation.  You are ready to taunt.... so stick with your attitude.

Not to worry. God always supplies the spiritual food at the right time and I have just done my weekly Bible reading:

he disguised his sanity in their presence and acted insane while among them. He was making marks on the doors of the gate and letting his saliva run down his beard.”

The proper viewpoint to take is that of scripture: “You see that this man is crazy! Why bring him to me?  Do I have a shortage of crazy men that I need to have this one acting crazy before me? Should this man enter my house?”

Do you know I can almost see the saliva now?

Of course, he’s not really crazy. He’s just a mutt that needs a muzzle, grabbing issues by their parkas and shaking them like a raged dog with a rat. In a way he’s like PSomH himself, intolerant of human foible and error, best suited to being a being a loose cannon, forsaking all the obvious benefits of organization due to the sometimes abrasion of working with diverse others. Of course, if one has ever been the victim of chowderheads, moving on is not the easiest thing to do. But it is good when someone does it. 

Things tend to get lost when snippets are posted.

D63CC32D-65BD-4A96-BA2B-43AE56099E78.thumb.jpeg.b4a0de536ba2d31e2b4f02f77831e85d.jpeg

We have selected the theme be a champion of truth you may have heard of the word champion used in the context of sports. What is a champion. The word can have different meanings. What is related to the French word Shaw, meaning field. That word has its origin in the Latin word compose. Also, meaning field or battlefield. The Bible speaks of a champion on the battlefield in first Samuel chapter 17 in verse four, then a champion came out from the camps of the Philistines's names was Goliath. Goliath was a champion for a wrong cause, namely to take the lead in defeating the ancient Israelites in battle. In our modern time, according to one definition, a champion is an ardent defender or support that of a cause or another person. Christians today are ardent defenders and supporters of the truth. The watchtower of January 15, 2012 said on page 8 quote on champions of Bible truths rose up in the centuries that followed used before the watchtower said this magazine will never shrink in fear from championing the truth. The watchtower has been championing the cause of kingdom truth. So are you a champion in the sports competition. Only one individual gets to be the champion, but in the case of true Christians. All can be champions of the truth. All Christians are to defend the truth and become conquerors winners, it's necessary to defend the truth because in today's world.

Truth is being attacked and distorted. We are surrounded by a CEO of lies and misrepresentations. How did such lies get started. We started in the Garden of Eden when Satan told Eve lies Satan through his deceptive statements became the father of the lie all the problems in the world all calamities. Also, your personal calamities all wars is all diseases all crimes, all unhappiness, sorrow and death started with the original lies in the Garden of Eden. Satan is the father of the life, but the daily amended children of the light. Everyone of us is affected. We are surrounded by a sea of lies that lie is a false statement deliberately presented as being true, a falsehood, lies the opposite of the truth lying involves saying something incorrect to a person who is entitled to know the truth about a matter, but there's also something that is called half-truth. The Bible tells Christians to be honest with each other. Now the judge put away deceit, speak truth wrote the apostle Paul in Ephesians 425 lies and half-truths undermine trust the German proverb says, who lies once is not believed even if you assess the truth so we need to speak openly and honestly with each other, not withholding bits of information that could change the perception in the listener or mislead him as to lies.

There are different types. Some politicians have lied about matters they wanted to keep secret companies sometimes lie in advertisements regarding the products. What about the news media. Many try to report events. Truthfully, that we should not be gullible and believe everything newspapers ride or everything we hear on radio or see on television. Then there are religious lies. If Satan is called the father of the life than Babylon the great, the global empire. False religion can be called the mother of the lie individual false religions could be called daughters of the life. Some lied by saying that sinners will get tormented in hell for ever. Others lied by saying once saved always saved again. Others lied by saying that the earth will be burned up on judgment day and all good people will go to heaven. Some worship idols. Paul wrote in Romans chapter 1 and 25 they exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the creator.

(Gerrit Losch Nov, 2016 JW.org monthly broadcasting) Transcription.

Therefore, snippets tend to deprive the public about the entire truth. Then it can become a half-truth or a lie, depending on the application. Even when someone literally hears a discourse, not everyone comprehends the intent of it, such as it is done here every day.

@Pudgy made a claim. More of wishing me dead, scenario. I mentioned I would reply after my resurrection to undermine his obtuse assertion. No surgery, I’m still here.

Since this forum was formed so @TrueTomHarley and a few others could use it as a research center to study apostate opinions, then, the only ones exalting the GB are ExJWs and those current fake witnesses here.

To the rest of the Brotherhood, the GB are fellow servants in Christ, just like the Elders. They deserve our respect because of the double work they do.

Now, in many respects, @Witness understanding is misplaced because of her insistence of making it her mission to disprove what the GB are doing is wrong, because she believes what they are doing is against bible principle while she is doing the same thing with scripture. Then It becomes a matter about interpretation. However, only one can be right.

Those that pervert scripture to gain their own understanding, are allowing the devil do his work through them. Essentially becoming false prophets.

Thus far, as of April 05, 2022, I have yet to see the Watchtower not understand and apply scripture as intended by its context as a Bible Scholar.

There’s only one way to view scripture. That is with wisdom, knowledge, and time. Something everyone here has failed to see because they are too busy causing strife by answering insignificant questions by ExJWs that shouldn’t be done to begin with. If witnesses understood better, they’d notice, they are poisoning their own well, by being active here. This poisoning of one's mind is the danger Christ spoke about.

There were thousands speaking against Christ and the apostles. They remained committed to their mission. They were threatened and killed because of that mission. Staying focused in being messengers of the God and the kingdom's good news takes dedication no matter where you are.

This is a learning center for a selected few here. Not a forum for righteousness. The Watchtower Doesn’t need defending, nor does the truth. Consider your own spiritually while trying to convince others, of theirs. It doesn’t work.

Christ didn’t bother with Satan himself, much less with Pagans if any that tried to convince him that worshiping other gods was better than Judaism and Christianity.

A choice should have been made long ago, now it's time to decide. What is your True calling!

*** w21 January p. 4 par. 12 Keep Calm and Trust in Jehovah ***

12 The apostles had direct evidence that Jehovah was with them. He had given them the power to perform miracles. (Acts 5:12-16; 6:8) That is not the case with us today. Even so, through his Word, Jehovah lovingly assures us that when we suffer for the sake of righteousness, he is pleased with us and his spirit is with us. (Read 1 Peter 3:14; 4:14.)

When the word “gifts” is used, it’s not meant as a “supernatural” proposition. As Christians, we don’t possess the gifts the apostles and some first century anointed Christians had. However, there were others preforming miracles that weren’t assigned by God’s Holy Spirit.

How does one view gifts in modern time.

*** w14 2/15 p. 11 Rejoice Over the Marriage of the Lamb! ***

“THEY WILL BE BROUGHT WITH REJOICING”

14 Read Psalm 45:12, 14b, 15. The prophet Zechariah foretold that in the time of the end, people of the nations would gratefully associate themselves with the remnant of spiritual Israel. He wrote: “In those days ten men out of all the languages of the nations will take hold, yes, they will take firm hold of the robe of a Jew, saying: ‘We want to go with you, for we have heard that God is with you people.’” (Zech. 8:23) At Psalm 45:12, these symbolic “ten men” are spoken of as “the daughter of Tyre” and “the wealthiest of men.” They come to the anointed remnant with gifts, ‘seeking their favor’ and spiritual help. Since 1935, millions of people have allowed the remnant to ‘bring them to righteousness.’ (Dan. 12:3) These loyal companions of the anointed Christians have purified their lives, becoming spiritual virgins. These “virgin companions” of the bride have dedicated themselves to Jehovah and have proved themselves to be faithful subjects of the Bridegroom-King.

*** w10 10/1 p. 13 Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Practice Faith Healing? ***

What, though, about today? Faith healers in Christendom as well as in some non-Christian religions claim to perform miraculous healings. Yet, Jesus himself sternly warned against individuals who would claim to have “performed many miracles” in his name. He would say to them: “I never knew you. Get away from me, you evildoers!” (Matthew 7:22, 23, International Standard Version) So, are the supposed miracles of modern-day faith healers really an indication of God’s approval or blessing?

*** w10 10/1 p. 13 Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Practice Faith Healing? ***

There is, however, a group of Christians who are united by a bond of love so strong that they refuse to harm one another—or anyone else for that matter—even during the fiercest of human conflicts. Who are they? Jehovah’s Witnesses. Worldwide, they are known for displaying Christlike love. Uniting people of diverse racial, national, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds is a miracle, so to speak, and is made possible only by God’s holy spirit. Why not attend one of their meetings and see for yourself?

*** w16 January p. 19 par. 10 The Spirit Bears Witness With Our Spirit ***

10 Those who have received this special invitation from God do not need another witness from any other source. They do not need someone else to verify what has happened to them. Jehovah leaves no doubt whatsoever in their minds and hearts. The apostle John tells such anointed Christians: “You have an anointing from the holy one, and all of you have knowledge.” He further states: “As for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to be teaching you; but the anointing from him is teaching you about all things and is true and is no lie. Just as it has taught you, remain in union with him.” (1 John 2:20, 27) These ones need spiritual instruction just like everyone else. But they do not need anyone to validate their anointing. The most powerful force in the universe has given them this conviction!

*** w16 January pp. 19-20 The Spirit Bears Witness With Our Spirit ***

EXPERIENCING THE “NEW BIRTH”

11 When the holy spirit imparts this conviction, the Christian who is anointed undergoes tremendous changes. Jesus referred to this inner process as being “born again,” or being “born from above.” (John 3:3, 5; ftn.) He explained further: “Do not be amazed because I told you: You people must be born again. The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So it is with everyone who has been born from the spirit.” (John 3:7, 8) Clearly, it is impossible to explain fully this personal calling to those who have not experienced it.

*** w16 January p. 24 par. 7 “We Want to Go With You” ***

7 Although it is a wonderful privilege to have the heavenly calling, anointed Christians do not expect any special honor from others. (Eph. 1:18, 19; read Philippians 2:2, 3.) Jehovah’s spirit bore witness to them personally. No announcement was made to the world. So they are not surprised if some people do not readily believe that they have truly been anointed by holy spirit. In fact, they realize that the Scriptures advise against quickly believing someone who claims to have a special appointment from God. (Rev. 2:2) In no way, then, would they use their anointing as a “calling card” to introduce themselves to others. For the most part, they would not even mention this personal experience to others, so as to avoid drawing attention to themselves; neither would they want to boast about their future reward.—1 Cor. 1:28, 29; read 1 Corinthians 4:6-8.

*** w16 January p. 24 “We Want to Go With You” ***

HOW SHOULD YOU REACT?

9 How should you treat someone who partakes of the Memorial emblems? Jesus told his disciples: “All of you are brothers.” He went on to say: “Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.” (Matt. 23:8-12) Therefore, it would be wrong to exalt individuals, even if they are anointed brothers of Christ. Speaking about Christian elders, the Bible encourages us to imitate the faith of those who take the lead, but it never commands us to elevate any human as our leader. (Heb. 13:7) True, the Scriptures speak of some as being “considered worthy of double honor.” However, such ones are worthy of honor, not because they are anointed, but because they “preside in a fine way” and “work hard in speaking and teaching.” (1 Tim. 5:17) Therefore, it would be embarrassing for those with a heavenly calling if others were to give them undue praise or attention. Worse still, if they received special treatment, anointed Christians might find it difficult to remain humble. (Rom. 12:3) None of us would want to cause one of Christ’s brothers to stumble!—Luke 17:2.

Now, the owner can “delete”, “ban” “remove” my account at the request of @TrueTomHarley and @JW Insider

14 hours ago, Dmitar said:

image.jpeg.175f65b781e7e375805fad7535994f6c.jpeg1914.jpg

There is no doubt that 1914 marked a very important point of change in history. I have seen ex-JWs and non-JWs try to deny this, just because it probably embarrasses them that the Watchtower Society has been able to hold onto the significance of the 1914 date for so long.

However, the book that Dmitar mentioned is actually an excellent book that uses the expression "generation of 1914" in the same manner that Jesus appears to have used the expression "this generation" (that is, the generation of 33 CE). Technically, Jesus could have meant all the people who were contemporaries meaning all the very old people, middle-aged people, young men, and small children who were alive when Jesus called them "this generation." But obviously the very old did NOT live to see the great tribulation of those days when Jerusalem was surrounded by encamped armies. 70 was a long and fortunate lifespan, and the average in those days (not including childbirth deaths) was likely only to about age 40. That generation that saw all those things occur by Rome in 66-70, had to live at least another 33 to 37 years.

But Robert Wohl in the book focuses on the age of 5 young middle-class elites  in 5 Western countries of Europe, and he follows the ideas and experiences that these 5 men (born in 1880's and 1890's) would have witnessed especially from about 1914 up until the post-war years of the 1940's. In the book he reminds us that people had spoken of the "sacrificed generation" of the men of 1885. And that various schools had spoken of the "social generation," and the "scientific generation" at various points in the late 1800's.

That is the common use of the expressions like "generation of Jesus' day" "generation of the apostles" "generation of Joseph and his brothers" "generation of 1914" "generation of my grandfather" "generation of my great-grandfather" "generation of my children".

Of course there are other technical definitions of generation but the default, we would expect, is always the common meaning unless otherwise specified. Robert Wohl gives us the common meaning, the default meaning. If we think we should apply Robert Wohl's understanding and use of the term "generation of 1914" it's the same as saying that the Watchtower got it wrong.

To be fair, I wanted to add that Wohl holds that the common meaning of generation, of which there may be about "three in a century," is not binding on the extended significance and impact of that generation on following generations. That's no doubt why he chose the title because that generation of 1914 still has relevant meaning even for today. But that type of impact can go on forever and is clearly a completely different use than the one that the Watchtower uses. The Watchtower has specifically stated that it is about a limited and specific demarcation of time, quite different from when Jesus used expressions like "who will save you from this wicked generation."

image.png

image.png

On 4/4/2022 at 5:41 AM, Equivocation said:

So yeah, no prophets inspired, but, there's spirit led ones, i.e. Christians, ministers who preach the good news and talk about Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus Christ,

You've left out the anointing, which is the "inspiration" of Holy Spirit.  It is "poured" into the anointed heart, spiritually "writing" God's laws on their heart.  (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16; Eph 2:20-22; Heb 8:10; Isa 43:10) It is a spiritual "circumcision" of the heart. (Col 2:9-11) Why would they have these laws of Christ's teachings written on their heart?(Heb 8:4,5) Because they are priests of God who are to teach and serve the people. 

Mal 2:7 - “For the lips of a priest should keep knowledge,
And people should seek the law from his mouth;
For he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts."

They are the "living stones" of God's Temple/dwelling in Spirit. (1 Pet 2:5)   Do you recognize the authentic priesthood in your organization?  Why aren't they teaching? (Mal 2:7) Why isn't the GB working with THEM, the anointed, to serve proper food, instead of with elders who have not had the Holy Spirit poured into their hearts?   (Matt 24:48-51)  

Since all anointed are "inspired" - unless they disobey Christ and leave him as their head, (Col 2:19), allowing men to lead them instead -  then any prophet who would arise in the "last days", would also be inspired.  Acts 2:17,18; Matt 17:11; Mal 3:1-4; 4:5,6; Rev 1:1-3

Get out the Insight on the Scriptures Books.  Look up spiritual temple, the anointed, priesthood.  Things have changed in the organization. Where one could once find nougats of truth, now none are left.  (1 Tim 4:1; Col 2:8; Rev 16:13-16)