The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

• Views 42.9k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Thinking said:

I can only read a little of what he says in your answer Arauna…..he is right…I was wrong…and I admit that..and I shouldn’t Have written it the way I did….so Ditmar…you are right…I must endure your whipping…it was deserved.

It's not a matter of being right or wrong. It's about learning scripture properly. As for the whipping part, I'm not a task master, nor your guardian. You promised God that you would be a faithful servant upon baptism and dedicate your life in God's service. The apostles and the first century Christians gave their lives to build upon Christ foundation (Body of Christ). Honor God, by demonstrating it to everyone with that dedication. And yes, Peter is the rock. Who is the head of that Church, and who does it include, in building the body of Christ by its members? So, what role does the saints and its members play in that Body?

Matthew 16:18-19 TPT I give you the name Peter, a stone. And this rock will be the bedrock foundation on which I will build my church—my legislative assembly, and the power of death will not be able to overpower it!

1 hour ago, Thinking said:

can only read a little of what he says in your answer Arauna…..he is right…I was wrong…and I admit that..and I shouldn’t Have written it the way I did….so Ditmar…you are right…I must endure your whipping…it was deserved.

Maybe you did not use the right words or you had it wrong. He is not God. ...... to give you such a severe judgment and treat you as if you intentionally mislead people is wrong. We are all learners here and we do not know everything and we have not all thought things  through.

I have had experience in writing so I try to express myself well but I have become a bit careless.   (English is not my first language and my eyes are bad.... and for that matter I forget names - and he is not thoughtful of any of these failings.... in fact he reminds me of another very nasty ex-witness we had on here before. )

He  has been wrong on many occasions (even if he does not think so)... and I have never seen him apologise so humbly as you did.  Any kind  correction of his "mistakes" allows him to call us all kinds of names and revile us.  This blog does not belong to him and I say again: he is not God although he acts and talks  like one. 

1 hour ago, Dmitar said:

Wow! And you are, with that nasty patience? lol!!!😁😄

Observe how sensitive you are to any form of correction... then you call me  nasty..... but you revile others. I will not stand for you to treat other people like a bully  without showing you up for your behaviour. I am prepared to apologise when I am wrong...and . you will do well to learn some "humane" skills. You could become a skilful teacher..... but as jehovah says: the beginning of wisdom is the fear of jehovah. . 

1 hour ago, Dmitar said:

And yes, Peter is the rock. Who is the head of that Church, and who does it include, in building the body of Christ by its members? So, what role

Peter is NOT the rock or head of the church/ congregation. So I will kindly correct you.  Jesus was referring to himself when he said those words.... . Yes, Peter was like a rock when he stood up in the assembly when the Holy Spirit anointed them (Acts 2) and spoke about  how Jehovah had prophesied about the gifts of the Spirit. Peter acted like a rock when he also referred to the other promises of jehovah on this day of pentecost.   Peter did not even become the spokes-person of the Governing body - James was.

This is a Catholic teaching that Peter is the rock of the church. As far as I know Peter was sent out to the Jews (not gentiles) and Paul was sent out to the gentiles. Peter wrote his 2 letters in the diaspora of Babylon.

2 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

The random thought occurred to me when Dmitar said he was going to leave the Archive on April 2, perhaps he had surgery scheduled  and did not expect to survive it. Merely a passing thought, no more.

I honestly hope that is not true…

9 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Dmitar spends so much time and effort here, I highly doubt he has anything else going on in his life. This is probably his “last hurrah!”, of a person absolutely terrified of dying alone and unremembered.…. just a guess.

I hope that’s not true too …I would be genuinely sad over that..

2 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

You are a much better person than I.

I just cannot see a brother talking and being like that..but I would be sad if he died alone ..or anything happened to him….that’s why I would be no good as a anointed one…I would want to save everyone…but then the world would just be the same as it is today…

Makes me appreciate that Jesus’s does the judgment..and takes that massive load on his shoulders ( so to speak )