The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

• Views 42.3k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Arauna said:

Yes - I see that the slave has identified the UN as the image of the beast right after it was created.  It identified the harlot as the world empire of false religion.  It identified 1914 as the beginning of the invisible rule of Jesus Christ.  It identified so many things.

Are you still waiting for a visible christ to come on the clouds down to earth to rule?  Do you know what is the seven heads of the beast?   Who told you that? 

A generation is overlapping and I have demonstrated it here on these pages many times. So do not show old magazines to bring on old discussions.........  I reply with a question back to you...... do you see these things?   And if you see them....... who taught them to you?   

I must have missed something, and I do try to read all of your posts in their entirety.

Can you please explain to me from the Bible, about the “overlapping generations“?

I would like to understand what the Apostles understood about the “overlapping  generations”.

14 hours ago, Arauna said:

A generation is overlapping and I have demonstrated it here on these pages many times

I am sure you are basing it on 1914. a lying date that Wt. has locked themselves into, the core backbone of their organization, and which requires their own projection of a date for Armageddon.  As Splane said in the linked video, "we have be absolutely sure, that everything fits" - everything regarding their 1914 lie.  That hasn’t worked out well for them yet. 

Two “offspring” were spoken of in Gen 3:15, a righteous offspring/seed and an evil offspring/seed. 

The Greek word for “generation” can mean “offspring, progeny”. 

Progeny – “a descendant or the descendants of a person, animal, or plant; offspring.”

The Greek word for “generation” comes from another word meaning to be born, “of women giving birth to children”.

Gen 3:15 – I  will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”

Matt 3:7 - But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, “You offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Jesus’ words can refer back to Gen 3:15.  He said of them, “You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of lies.”  John 8:44

Under their father, they are offspring of the devil.  All offspring of the devil can be said to be one spiritual generation, yet in a sense it has “overlapped” since the very beginning.  If it could be traced, then say for instance, an ancient evil family always producing evil offspring down to this day.  Literal generations after generations were evil, yet they also can be said to be under one father – one spiritual generation or offspring of Satan.

If we go back to the word that the Greek for “generation” comes from, (which is gennaō) it is found in this scripture:

"No one who has been born (gennaō) of God practices sin, because His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin continually, because he has been born of God. By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother and sister."

Two spiritual generations are mentioned there that span the ages – children of God, and children of the devil. 

The anointed are also one called generation of children under God. Even though He called them to be His priests, they were not ,and are not, all faithful.  They are facing the harvest and have since the first century.  (Ps 110:1,2)

Matt 24:34 - "Truly I tell you, this generation (of spiritual children) will certainly not pass away until all these things take place…

…Until all the spiritual signs take place that Jesus had just shared with his disciples. That is the generation of anointed.   Within that spiritual generation spanning two thousand years, two other spiritual “generations” emerge because a division takes place  – those who remain faithful to God as His children (wheat) and those who reject their covenant with Him and become offspring of the devil (weeds).  Matt 13:30; 1 Cor 11:19 

Not until their judgement has been decreed, including the very last anointed ones, will that generation then “pass away”. Rev 3:2,3; Matt 24:43; 1 Thess 5:2,4; 2 Pet 3:10; Rev 16:15   

If anyone can discern the difference between literal generations spoken of in the Bible, and the spiritual, then Jesus’ words become clear. 

6 hours ago, Witness said:

That hasn’t worked out well for them yet. 

Isn’t this true with anything that is challenging? It doesn’t work until it does.  You can avoid the whole problem by doing nothing, but the nature of those “panting on to the end” is they tend to chomp at the bit.

And, no, you don’t get around it by saying we entered our last days with Christ’s resurrection. 

I mean, the sun is in it’s last days too. We know it will burn out. But you don’t see warnings over it of how that burnout will come as a thief so we must keep on the watch with vigilance.

Don’t give me grief over this, you crazy woman. I would remind you that the software dishes out ranks and rewards and my rank is higher than yours—to say nothing of that flea-bitten mutt who makes outrageous comments from time to time.

14 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

This totally contradicts my posts where I have stated that in my own opinion I WILL NOT be in that New world. 

Yeah, you did. My bad.

But it that case you ought be smart enough not to comment at all, since whatever you have you think leads to death.

It’s rather like Srecko, who plainly admits his latter years and outlook is unhappy. I admire him for the admission, for few people will admit such a thing. But at the same time you would think that realization would check him from spreading the drivel he does as though it were gospel.

At least Witness thinks she will be sitting up high and pretty in heaven. Disquieting though that prospect may be, at least she doesn’t think her present course is leading toward calamity.

22 hours ago, Arauna said:

A generation is overlapping and I have demonstrated it here on these pages many times

It is clear to everyone that generations overlap, and not just two of them, but dozens of generations overlap in a certain period of time, in fact continuously from the beginning of man's existence to the present day.
But that’s not what GB would like to point out when talking about the “overlapping generation” that completely replaces the ONE and ONLY  "The 1914 generation".

19 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

But it wasn't you or me that made them the F&DS, it was them, THEMSELVES that decided they were. They exalted themselves above all the other Anointed ones. They called them selves the F&DS. 

This is a problem for one reason only, which is explained in WTJWorg with wording; Miracles ceased in the first century.

If the miracles stopped in the first century, then it is to be expected that the anointing from heaven (act of miracle) in the year 1919 did not happen ..... because miracles do not actually happen anymore.

On 3/28/2022 at 10:47 AM, Space Merchant said:

@Equivocation Granted I had to go over it, this seems to be the case I pointed to. Concerning these verses Book of Acts concerning the passing of these gifts (Acts 8:18; 10:44-46) as is those not being able due to the not being among Apostles, although inspired (Acts 8:5-7, 14-17), for the Apostles had such power to do so. This is why in this case it is highly unlikely anyone after the Apostle Age has such abilities. Pertaining to your other thread, as to what I told @Pudgy, a recent example of such claim of abilities concerning visions was of that of a woman, who had been deceased for sometime, the MSM is now talking about, Vangeliya Pandeva Gushterova, otherwise known as Baba Vanga for short, also given a titled as Nostradamus of the Balkans.

For the claim of miraculous gifts after 100AD is a problem. So in this regard, a person, especially one in question, claiming to have several visions, as is the claim of inspiration by means of it, can lean towards being a False Prophet.

I think I made that point with Scripture but that is true. I saw the link for Pearl Doxsey so I didn't believe her to have such a gift when she hasn't come into contact with the original apostles. The narrative with the Angels of Jehovah is pretty sus too 😬. In her post she tried to convince Jehovah’s Witnesses that she had visions, etc whereas us and the majority know the truth of the matter.

But yeah, these Miraculous Gifts had a purpose for the early Christian Congregations, but evidently stopped, seeing the point you made a out Apostle John. So anyone who does or says otherwise after that, or as you mentioned those names and Constantine, can easily fit into the False Prophet category. 

The Ukraine Russia conflict is causing a lot of crazy stories to pop up, so I wouldn't be surprised if some brings us claims of a vision. Not too long ago I saw somewhere that a man was empowered by the holy spirit stating that he saw a vision of Vladimir Putin in chains being judged by God and evidently cast into Hell by Angels.... When I saw this my reaction was 🤨 because anyone who knows the truth can see through that issue.

So yeah, no prophets inspired, but, there's spirit led ones, i.e. Christians, ministers who preach the good news and talk about Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus Christ, as well as provide information on what God's Kingdom will do. Not to mention using the Bible to counsel and help people of all nations and ages regardless of gender or background. 

23 hours ago, Arauna said:

Yes - I see that the slave has identified the UN as the image of the beast right after it was created.  It identified the harlot as the world empire of false religion.  It identified 1914 as the beginning of the invisible rule of Jesus Christ.  It identified so many things.

Are you still waiting for a visible christ to come on the clouds down to earth to rule?  Do you know what is the seven heads of the beast?   Who told you that? 

A generation is overlapping and I have demonstrated it here on these pages many times. So do not show old magazines to bring on old discussions.........  I reply with a question back to you...... do you see these things?   And if you see them....... who taught them to you?   

Yep. A lot of people also are starting to see the UN as not only useless, but still a legitmate threat. I started looking into what they want for money, religon and politics and it isn't fun for anyone. 

Apparently they did something a few days ago which is pretty sus, whereas everyone was distracted with other things, like Will Smith. One term that has been thrown around is New World Order, so much so even my Teacher, who often gets political at times, talks about, but in negative way. But I doubt his opinions would be favored by others in the Board of Education. He often says I am lucky that I am neutral others politics would make me go crazy. Can't blame him with the way he acts when class isn't in session lol 😆