The World News Media

Not sure if anyone saw this before concerning the Rephaim

Space Merchant

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

You can call his experience a "trance", and the end result with "God took him", the fact remains that he is dead (and you declare that he died and did not continue to live in heaven). If he did not die of old age and disease, and if he did not die of the enemy, then he died at the hands of "friend."

Prophets are known to be in such a state concerning trances/visions, Enoch's case was different, and yes, he died at the age of 365 but never experienced the pangs of death, therefore, is no more.

Him going to Heaven is a false assertion, and it is easily countered by the fact this idea was never of core teaching, and ultimately Jesus' own statement.

57 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

What I do is comment on the Bible and comment on your comments, your beliefs, and your claims. Nothing else. I am not judging you or belittle.

Unfortunately this has nothing to do with beliefs of a faith group, it is in regards to what the Bible states, and in regards to Enoch, these things are indeed true. The same case can be said for Moses, in which for some reason Satan had an extreme obsession in wanting to find out where God had personally buried Moses specifically, and God did so, to which some claim to have been done secretly.

59 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

As far as I remember Enoch asked God to "take" him.

Really?

Moses did not ask God to "take" him.

His situation was a parallel to Enoch. For his death and burial was noted as a mystery, granted God buried Moses.

But if they loved each other then it is quite understandable that they want to be close to the one you love while dying.

Enoch and Moses were indeed close with God. This is obvious from the accounts in regards to them.

That being said, both deaths on how it was done is deemed mysterious.

• Views 3.5k
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am so sorry. Somehow my remarks did not translate. ‘Your remarks prove otherwise’ means that you are being modest, and that you obviously are intelligent. The big dumb animals ramming each othe

The only thing I know for sure on this topic is that when I relied on A.I. to transcribe a Bible talk, it rendered ‘Nephilim’ as ‘Netflix.’

This proves you do not know what JW teach and what they base it on.  The bible itself says at psalm 90 how long a generation is - it is NOT a hypothesis!    The span of our life is 70 years,Or 80

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

I meant that he was seeing the future Jehovah promised before he died.  He seems to have been a prophet. A prophet is someone who lays out the word of Jehovah and brings Jehovah's judgement - not just one that predicts the future.

Yes, like that of a prophetic trance/vision.

But yeah in his day, if wickedness was a scale, the scale would be broken.

To visitors here. A clarification is warranted, and @Space Merchant made a brief reference to it.

There is a difference between the death of Enoch and Moses.

While scripture doesn’t indicate how Enoch was translated other than to show he was no more, Moses Died in the mountainous region of Nebo and was buried by angels.

Where he was buried by God in unknown. But scripture does indicate he was buried.

NIV Deut 34:5-8

5 And Moses the servant of the Lord died there in Moab, as the Lord had said. 6 He buried him in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is. 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone. 8 The Israelites grieved for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days, until the time of weeping and mourning was over.

(Deuteronomy 34:5-8) 5 After that Moses the servant of Jehovah died there in the land of Moʹab just as Jehovah had said. 6 He buried him in the valley in the land of Moʹab, opposite Beth-peʹor, and nobody knows where his grave is down to this day. 7 Moses was 120 years old at his death. His eyes had not grown dim, and his strength had not departed. 8 The people of Israel wept for Moses on the desert plains of Moʹab for 30 days. . .

(Jude 8, 9) . . .. 9 But when Miʹcha·el the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body, he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms, but said: “May Jehovah rebuke you.. . .

NIV Jude 9

9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

This is the reference @Space Merchant touched on.

Roy E. Garton

10. On Deuteronomy 33:11

The Lord showed him the whole land of promise in its four quarters, from the wilderness to the sea, and from sea to sea. And the Lord said to him, Thou hast seen it indeed with thine eyes, but thou shall never enter it. There accordingly Moses died, the servant of God, by the command of God. And the angels buried him on Mount Nebo, which is over against Beth-Phegor. And no one knows of his sepulchre, even to this day. For God concealed his grave. (from Ante-Nicene Fathers)

9 hours ago, Arauna said:

Goliath was a philistine which were related to the Rephaim.

True, but what's the difference between a literal Nephilim and a symbolic Nephilim? Goliath just like any other after the flood have NO lineage to the literal Nephilim. 

That was the reason for a bad report. Tall men. I can also consider the African Tutsi (Watusi) tribes as Nephilim because some have grown to be 7-8 tall. Their normal height is 5'9'. This doesn't mean there is a direct heritage, just like the Canaanites.

No doubt there were some large men in Canaan, as other scriptures show, but never except in this “bad report,” which was carefully couched in language designed to strike terror and cause panic among the Israelites, are they called Nephilim.— Num. 13:31-33; 14:36, 37.

Now to the African Pygmy tribe, that are around 4'11' in height, a Watusi would resemble a Nephilim.

12 hours ago, Dmitar said:

Give the visitor a good reason why Enoch would need to be asked by God if he wanted to be translated

I did not understand your comment completely but I do know that Satan can plant inspire false books and see that they get found or translated.  The best extant copy comes from ethiopia.

4 hours ago, Dmitar said:

Tall men. I can also consider the African Tutsi (Watusi) tribes as Nephilim because some have grown to be 7-8 tall.

People today do not call these tall people Nephilim because Nephilim is not in the memory of the peoples... being talked about often... until recently ... because worship of them is underway under the direction of wicked angels. 

After the flood, the false religion at babel  started  as part of half-man half-god worship (many gods are pictured as half-god/men); Nephilim was in the consciousness of humankind at this time and especially the Israelites knew of this history.  They called them out as nephilim but they were easily defeated by Joshua later on.   This does not mean they were actually nephilim.   

54 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I did not understand your comment completely but I do know that Satan can plant inspire false books and see that they get found or translated.  The best extant copy comes from ethiopia.

Since I posed the question to @Srecko Sostar mindset, it was meant for him to clarify his previous statement. However, it has nothing to do with the literal translation of books. 

Some of us (Scholars/Theologians) use the word "translated" as a means to signify the unknown. Sorry for the confusion. I thought seasoned Christians knew that.

The Bible speaks of two men that were translated to heaven without dying- Enoch and Elijah. “ Enoch was translated that he should not see death (Hebrews 11:5), and “ God took him” (Genesis 5:24).

Sonship is used in an eschatological sense in Jub. 1:22-25  (cf. 2:20 ; 19:29 ), which depicts God as returning to His children. The Maccabean martyrs are called "children of heaven" in 2 Macc 7:34. The wisdom tradition inter-twines "sonship" and ethics. In Ecclus 4:1-10 God calls the righteous man who is a father to orphans a "son." In Wisdom 2:13,18 the righteous man is mocked as having been forsaken by his father (cf. Matt 27:43). M. Hengel has made much of the Jewish mystical book 3 Enoch, where Enoch, translated into heaven, becomes God's vizier and plenipotentiary. Metatron, "the prince of the world," and is even called "little Yahweh" (Son of God, p. 46).

2 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

own. Sorry for the confusion. I thought seasoned Christians knew that.

Dmitar - we are seasonal students but we do not think ourselves better than others...... your humility really astounds me!

For myself - reading this: M. Hengel has made much of the Jewish mystical book 3 Enoch, where Enoch, translated into heaven, becomes God's vizier and plenipotentiary. Metatron, "the prince of the world," and is even called "little Yahweh" (Son of God, p. 46).

Indicates to me that it is not worth spending too much time on it.  I do not want to be a scholar of the deep things of Satan but a scholar of the word of God.  It is enough to know that it is a bogus book and make sure of that. 

59 minutes ago, Arauna said:

God told him to go up to the mountain because he will die there.  Read the entire history

I did, did you? What does that have to do with the angels burying him? Are you contradicting scripture?

(Deuteronomy 34:5-8) 5 After that Moses the servant of Jehovah died there in the land of Moʹab just as Jehovah had said. 6 He buried him in the valley in the land of Moʹab, opposite Beth-peʹor, and nobody knows where his grave is down to this day. 7 Moses was 120 years old at his death. His eyes had not grown dim, and his strength had not departed. 8 The people of Israel wept for Moses on the desert plains of Moʹab for 30 days. . 

3 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I do not want to be a scholar of the deep things of Satan but a scholar of the word of God. 

You prove it quite well, so don't worry. I know you hate bible scholars, even though they are better than you.

5 minutes ago, Arauna said:

we are seasonal students but we do not think ourselves better than others...... your humility really astounds me!

What does that have to do with ignorance? You profess to being intelligent, then prove it. Therefore, your humility is the one that is astounding.