The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

• Views 15.9k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Arauna said:

Look at what is going on at universities and what is going on behind the scenes... most are leaving faith in a god ... even Christian religions have been infiltrated with woke LGBTQP philosophy!.  And it will be a 'decree' ..... coming from the WHO... So in a culture where all follow what the government says because only the government speaks the truth .... and  your social score will be affected if you do not go along with it ..... what do you think most people will do?.  No-one will leave their homes to go to church and false information (bible's and connected  literature) will be removed from internet - all religion.  What the government says will be the only truth - state worship only. So turning against religion is very possible!  And Jehovah will put it in their hearts at the right time!

Satan wants every human being compromised to only worship the state.  Remember the offer he made to Jesús?  Basically we all will face hunger, and the offer of state worship to be kept alive..... and be protected.  Jesus gave 3 biblical answers which declares that only Jehovah can give our daily bread, give true protection; and his future government is the solution to corrupt human government.

Anna when you finish watching the family series you will get it ….that show made it clear to me visually and not by just reading and reasonings,,,,,,the religious people are political but if not actively a politician they give power to them because they convince its Jesus using them…and their power in America is ENORMOUS …….and the …want to be politicians must work with them because they are so powerful and so many of them…..take trump….he’s not religious…..but he has the faiths backing him so he acts as if he’s religious..to get what he wants…from what I’ve read..he had to agree to his vice president…who was not his choice but theirs…because he was religious…that was the deal…eventually the next president won’t need the religious back up…and their demands will no Longer need to be met….

That series made me understand how joined the harlot is to the beast..from the American point of view…( world Power) neither can exist with out the other….but I could see how the beast will get rid of her..as she’s to demanding..to irritating…to limiting to the beast …

wait till you watch it all….

18 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I think the way I should have put it is that the doctrines don’t change. Once you’ve dealt with them, you’ve dealt with them. Accordingly, in any given year, our publications will barely mention trinity and hellfire beyond a reference or two to how they are “trash’ that interfere with building a relationship with God. Very seldom are there specific paragraphs on trinity, let alone an entire article. Mostly they just refer people back to the Trinity brochure, or whatever has replaced it.

My own blog is the same way. In sixteen years I have maybe 5 or 6 posts specifically on the Trinity. In the Enjoy Life Forever interactive brochure there is almost nothing on trinity or hellfire. All I found was something in the Explore section of lesson 13, How False Religion Misrepresents God:

For generations, religions have told lies that make God seem distant and cruel. Learn the truth about three of those lies.“Lies That Make God Seem Unlovable” (The Watchtower, November 1, 2013)”

It was even a little frustrating to me because I did have a Bible student from fundamentalist background, a very studious guy always wanting to ‘dig deeper.’ So I dug into how all renderings of hell stem from just 3 original language words—sheol, hades, Gehenna, (with a single exception of one ‘tartarus’), and that all renderings of hellfire come only from Gehenna. I didn’t see where that was specifically dealt with in depth and I ended up going off on my own tangents—Insight book material, and so forth. It is not part of the basic study guide.

Few people seriously believe these doctrines anymore—people have “moved on” from doctrines—and the ones who do, fundamentalists for the most part, are seldom persuaded no matter how much you quote scripture. They are the people who “accepted Jesus” in a flash. Some preacher said “come down and be saved” and in an instant they did, having had no intention of doing so before. They get their “truth” by revelation, not by Bible study. They thereafter cherry pick the Bible to find verses that back up what they believe. Where they find passages that don’t, they dismiss them as poor interpretation, corruption, bad translation, the Bible is too complicated to know, and so forth. Their minds were made up at their “conversion” that happened in an instant. “I’ve never convinced one” my favorite circuit overseer said, an old timer now deceased, on arguing with people over the trinity. 

If we are oldtimers ourselves, and we remember a time when these doctrines were important to people, we can easily fall into the mindset that they still are. But they rarely are. The approach of the Enjoy Life Forever is not to teach people doctrines they don’t believe in anyway only to thereafter tell them they are wrong. Instead, it just teaches Bible truth, and reserves the ‘Lies that Make God Seem Unlovable’ article for anyone still attached to those beliefs. 

Of course, if you happen to be surrounded by people who do love and cherish these doctrines, then lots of time spent disproving them may be just the ticket. But those people are becoming rare, they are rapidly dying out and being replaced by persons who don’t give a hoot. I think that’s way the Watchtower devotes relatively little space to the “false doctrines of Christendom.” They try to keep up, not with how people used to be, but how they are now. They focus on teaching the positive things of the Bible, rather than disproving the negative

Yes I know the brothers are moving away from concentrating on doctrines ….which suits us Australians….we don’t have to unpack so many doctrines……..but do not undermine your Tangents….they are like nuggets of gold… 

Overhere it seems to most of us that Americans are unusually religious…and incredibly political…..and you have a high population of  Mexicans and hispanics  who….are very strongly entrenched in their catholic based faith…..you never know…with the way things are going globally …..you might be called on to one day unload your nuggets of gold….

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

…. Just before the last battle, and the final test, and the Kingdom is turned over to Jehovah God, and mankind has reached perfection, there will be an unsuccessful global rebellion  to take over the World, by an evil alliance of German Shepherds, and French Poodles.

Yeah interesting that…doesn’t sort of fit because Jesus will call down evil on any man even tho a hundred years old thru out the thousand years…..but I’m supposing some will have a evil undercurrent and when the world is at peace may want to start ruling parts of it themselves…start relying on themselves and forgetting ..what it was like….if you stop to reason on it….in the New world …how can one explain….children were cut open often alive for their kidneys or heart…or children were sold for sex…..or children were offered up as sacrifices to the demons….maybye ones who have only experienced  peace and bodily perfection will not appreciate what they have and trust in themselves…When Satan is released unfortunately history will repeat itself…..for a time…

Pudgy let’s just try to get to the other side of things…even if it’s by resurrection ..but if I see a lot of German Shepard’s and French poodles…I will think of you ….actually no I won’t …sorry 

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

WTJWorg describes its organization as a “place of salvation,” as Noah’s ark. From the scanty description of life in Noah’s ark as they floated on the water, the people and animals inside the ark seemed to have no conflict of any kind. Let's say it was like that, without conflict and suffering.

In the modern Ark, WTJWorg, there are conflicts and sufferings. That means there is no “safe place” anywhere inside "spiritual paradise".

The illusion of a NW without conflict of any kind is not realistic. Eden was the perfect place, Heaven was the perfect place. And everything there was full of "questions" that escalated into "conflicts".

The Ark DOES NOT REPRESENT THE ORG….that thought was put forth by Rutherford…and it has been corrected…Russell had the correct understanding .

20 minutes ago, Thinking said:

The Ark DOES NOT REPRESENT THE ORG….that thought was put forth by Rutherford…and it has been corrected…Russell had the correct understanding .

Confused i am. Because quote from 2006 said:

Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization. - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006366

14 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

if you are wicked enough not to care about the damage they did to other people. What

I leave all the judgement in the hands of jehovah.  You think YOU are the vehicle of God to do that. If you lived in the time of David you would have been a rebel clamouring with the people that jehovah must destroy David for his sins. Many died because he had a sensus taken of the nation.... I believe in modern language that is called collateral damage.....