• Views 11.6k
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did Elon Musk buy this platform?

Often this happens when the person has reached a resolution to follow through, given their first opportunity. Their paralyzing dilemma resolved, they can give the appearance that all is completely wel

Where is your respect for truthful speech?!  Every single news report told that Police said that they were MARRIED and FORMER MEMBERS of the Congregation.  Why the contentious spirit?  Who are you

Posted Images

Wow! Relevance. What an excuse to go against't what is written in Isaiah, and the Gospels about Christ fulfillment. 

I don't recall where an intelligent person would consider equating suicide with Christ sacrifice for all humanity and suggest he committed suicide because it was written about such sacrifice.

Sad day for scripture.

5 minutes ago, Allen Smith said:

I don't recall where an intelligent person would consider equating suicide with Christ sacrifice

@Allen Smith

Not sure if you were referencing my comments, but if so, read it again. I was saying that neither Sampson nor Christ were committing suicide. Christ told that he could have prevented his death by calling upon legions of angels. Sampson, very likely, could not know whether pulling down the pillars would mean his death or if Jehovah might spare his life miraculously.

10 minutes ago, Amidstheroses said:

Not sure if you were referencing my comments, but if so, read it again. I was saying that neither Sampson nor Christ were committing suicide. Christ told that he could have prevented his death by calling upon legions of angels. Sampson, very likely, could not know whether pulling down the pillars would mean his death or if Jehovah might spare his life miraculously.

No sis, it was directed to @Pudgy that wants to force an unintelligent response. He is equating the death of Christ because Jesus was on earth to fulfill a prophecy by twisting scripture in suggesting Jesus committed suicide by allowing the Roman soldiers to take him captive, even though the first ones that took him captive were the Pharisees guards.

Then He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you, everything which has been written about Me in the Law of Moses and the [writings of the] Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.

(Romans 10:16-21) 16 Nevertheless, they did not all obey the good news. For Isaiah says: “Jehovah, who has put faith in the thing heard from us?” 17 So faith follows the thing heard. In turn, what is heard is through the word about Christ. 18 But I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, “into all the earth their sound went out, and to the ends of the inhabited earth their message.” 19 But I ask, Israel did not fail to know, did they? First Moses says: “I will incite you to jealousy through that which is not a nation; I will incite you to violent anger through a foolish nation.” 20 But Isaiah becomes very bold and says: “I was found by those who were not seeking me; I became known to those who were not asking for me.” 21 But he says regarding Israel: “All day long I have spread out my hands toward a disobedient and obstinate people.”

(John 5:39-47) 39 “You are searching the Scriptures because you think that you will have everlasting life by means of them; and these are the very ones that bear witness about me. 40 And yet you do not want to come to me so that you may have life. 41 I do not accept glory from men, 42 but I well know that you do not have the love of God in you. 43 I have come in the name of my Father, but you do not receive me. If someone else came in his own name, you would receive that one. 44 How can you believe, when you are accepting glory from one another and you are not seeking the glory that is from the only God? 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you, Moses, in whom you have put your hope. 46 In fact, if you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe what I say?”

Most living creatures, including humans will do anything to stay alive. That is how Jehovah made us. No human in their right mind wants to kill themselves. That's a fact. Satan recognized this and tried to use this fact against Jehovah: But Satan answered Jehovah: “Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life" Job 2:4 

So when a person goes against his instinct and ends their own life, you know this is not normal. 

Dying a sacrificial death for the greater good is not suicide though. We are told we should be willing to lay down our life for our brother. . If I take a bullet by deliberatelly jumping between the shooter and my son, and I die, I did not commit suicide. I was trying to save my son. Jesus was saving mankind, Samson was saving the Israelites. 

Suicide is an act by one's own hand, usually not for anyone's benefit, it is not usually a heroic act. Some in fact say it's a selfish act. I would be afraid to judge it quite that way because honestly, the mental state can be so harrowing that the person probably just wants peace. He sees no other way out. There must be all kinds of reasons for taking ones life and we should be ashamed to dare to judge that person. It is entirely Jehovah's business. He knows the person inside out, he knows their heart. He knows there is something horribly wrong with a person's mental state if they go against their God given instinct of self preservation....apparently for nothing.

19 minutes ago, Anna said:

Suicide is an act by one's own hand, usually not for anyone's benefit, it is not usually a heroic act. Some in fact say it's a selfish act

I remember one of the Society’s articles on this subject stating: A person who commits suicide removes his problems from himself and puts them onto others.

I was thinking along those lines today as I pondered what happened to Sister Suicide’s house, belongings, clothes, bills, yard work, car… She and her husband had owned that small, but tidy, house for probably 30+ years. Following his death in 2019, she rented a room and/or shared the house with a middle-age sister of modest means who was pioneering. I really never inquired or heard whether her brother had to travel out from the west coast and spend time dealing with it…Did her roommate inherit it? Her suicide occurred about the time I was laid off from work, on false pretenses, and I was dealing with my own issues.