The World News Media

Mythbusters: The Flood of Noah's Day vs. "The Holy Hand Grenade" and other sci-fi stories 😁

John 12.24to28

• Views 4.4k
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah … I remember Eddie. Always pretending he was not Eddie Haskell, from “Leave it to Beaver”.  When he grew up he became. LAPD cop, so he could still bully people around.

…. Just “rattling your chain” boyle, checking to see if you have a sense of humor ….

It’ simple math! 1.2.3.4. 1.) if Eduardo = Edward, then 2.) Albert = Alfred, and  3.) Edward = Alfred, and therefore 4.) Alfred Einstein was the Batman’s Butler! Seeee ?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

The Flood wasn't for Jehovah's sake. It was for our sake.

The day and the hour of Armageddon has been on Jehovah's timetable since Adam and Eve sinned.

Jehovah knew it would be difficult for us today to believe that He could clean the entire earth. He knew it would be difficult for some to have faith that God could possibly turn around all the horrible mess in every corner of the globe. He knew some would be so disturbed by the evil on the earth that they could not conceive of a way Jehovah could possibly clean up such a mess.

The Flood was a sign for You.

Jehovah didn't need to have a Flood in order to get rid of that wicked population of old. He didn't need to have a Flood. He did it for Love, so that doubters today could see that when God cleans up the evil on earth, He will get every last drop of it - He can completely remove the stains of wickedness more thoroughly than anyone can imagine. "Superabundantly beyond all we can ask and conceive."

Do you hate abuse? Do you hate famine? Do you hate sickness? When Jehovah removes those things, any trace of them will be so utterly obliterated and overwhelmingly compensated for - the complete reversal of evil in a way that is more astounding than you can imagine.

(Stephen Hawking is dead. Some people view him as a god, but he's dead. His body is unstable and has decomposed. He made up a lot of sci-fi stories. Some "science" BS people laugh about the Flood of Noah's day and say the Flood is a myth. They make up complicated sounding stories about invisible particles with fancy names. BS Geologists make up stories about invisible "Ice Ages" to explain why there are seashells found on the tops of the mountains. They refuse to believe the truth about the obvious Flood, but they swallow make-believe at every turn - even paying for books and "educations" in Make-Believe. They are like the naive king who at the request of his "god" believed in the "Holy Grail" and other stories. Easily duped if you use enough fancy words.)

5 hours ago, Pudgy said:

….

132E728F-2FF8-4312-A3AA-2A57A14C048C.jpeg

9A873712-EA54-490B-A1BE-32BE3BC791EA.jpeg

21A653CB-31F6-4099-95D9-39757D7A398C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Pudgy said:

It would take a month to reply to that, so I will just say “HOLY HAND GRENADE!”

Who would have thought this incredible technology in common use is all based on fake science?

@Pudgy...comment away...I've got time. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Mankeptforunnaturalporpoises said:

Good grief, I used to enjoy reading this forum. Some good debates and opinions from a variety of people. 
now it’s all pedantic squabbling over minutiae ( replete with some appalling music videos) mainly between two people with some respite from Pudgy. I almost miss Bro Rando’s insane ‘ personal ‘ prophecies and the disfellowshipped bloke from England who disagreed with everyone. 

Lol, that's funny, I always thought your name was kinda creepy...I mean, I knew it was a joke but the part of the scripture you made a joke about was pretty appalling to me! Oh, well, I guess everybody has their own sense of humor.😆 (I'm sorry you didn't like the Muppet videos...)

11 minutes ago, Mankeptforunnaturalporpoises said:

Problem was my parents never explained what it meant when I was growing up so I spent my childhood avoiding ice cream carts and listening to the Bee Gees. 

My relatives had New England accents and they told me to stay away from men kept for unnatural "poipoises". (Actually, my step-dad only talked with that accent when he was imitating the Three Stooges...)

7 minutes ago, boyle said:

Then stick to the closed club where TTH and JWinsider can entertain you. The good thing is you won't be reported by Audrey and banned for using the word "bloke" like another did. lol! 😅

You're just being naughty, @boyle - you know which word you used and it wasn't "bloke" it was a different word that was yucky!

2 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

(1 Kings 18:18-39)

1 hour ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

so what's your two-cents on the topic?

...regarding the truth of the global Flood vs sci-fi fantasies of various shapes and forms? (Jehovah can take on more than 15 characters any day, with His figurative eyes closed!)

IMG_7425.jpeg

"GB" of Evolutionary Theorist Cultists...

Richard Dawkins

Stephen Hawking

Peter Atkins

Philip Pullman

Richard Carrier

Louis Leakey

Carl Sagan

Friedrich Nietzsche

Karl Marx

"If they say it, it must be true! What blasphemy to speak against the GB! Anyone who says otherwise is antichrist antiscience!"

(Where's the "Window Test" for ANY of their theories???)

https://www.livescience.com/47737-stephen-hawking-higgs-boson-universe-doomsday.html

(Quoted from livescience.com article:) "Stephen Hawking bet Gordon Kane $100 that physicists would not discover the Higgs boson. After losing that bet when physicists detected the particle in 2012, Hawking lamented the discovery, saying it made physics less interesting. Now, in the preface to a new collection of essays and lectures called "Starmus," the famous theoretical physicist is warning that the particle could one day be responsible for the destruction of the known universe.

Hawking is not the only scientist who thinks so. The theory of a Higgs boson doomsday, where a quantum fluctuation creates a vacuum "bubble" that expands through space and wipes out the universe, has existed for a while. However, scientists don't think it could happen anytime soon.

"Most likely it will take 10 to the 100 years [a 1 followed by 100 zeroes] for this to happen, so probably you shouldn't sell your house and you should continue to pay your taxes," Joseph Lykken, a theoretical physicist at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, Illinois, said during his lecture at the SETI Institute on Sept. 2. "On the other hand it may already happened, and the bubble might be on its way here now. And you won't know because it's going at the speed of light so there's not going to be any warning." [Doomsday: 9 Real Ways Earth Could End]"

(Not a "Window Test". It's Make-Believe.)

I've read another version of that story before, it's called "The Emperor Has No Clothes."

The "princes" of this world teach Make-Believe. They are just like their father, the chief Make-Believe storyteller. 

Jehovah's Word is Rock Solid.

"Do not put your trust in princes 

Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.  

His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; 

On that very day his thoughts perish.  

Happy is the one who has the God of Jacob as his helper, 

Whose hope is in Jehovah his God,

The Maker of heaven and earth, 

Of the sea, and of all that is in them, 

The One who always remains faithful, 

The One securing justice for those defrauded, 

The One giving bread to the hungry.  

Jehovah is releasing the prisoners. 

Jehovah is opening the eyes of the blind; 

Jehovah is raising up those bowed down; 

Jehovah loves the righteous.  

Jehovah is protecting the foreign residents; 

He sustains the fatherless child and the widow, 

But he thwarts the plans of the wicked.  

Jehovah will be King forever

Your God, O Zion, for generation after generation.  

Praise Jah!"

The princes of this world teach that 1000000000000000 million years ago "such-and-such" happened, and they assert that they know more than the last guy who made a theory. (Were any of them there? Can you check up on any of their theories for evidence?)

41 minutes ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

I've read another version of that story before, it's called "The Emperor Has No Clothes."

The "emperors" of this world have no clothes. It doesn't matter which "GB" you are talking about. The "GB" of the Cult of Evolutionary Theorists is no different. They sell a lot of books. "Publish or perish."

"How do they afford their rock'n roll lifestyle?"

How do all the "emperors" and "GBs" of this world get their fame and wealth and prominence? How do they afford to live without doing any real work?

(Answer to be found in the key phrase in this song: "You buyin' what they're sellin'?")

7 minutes ago, Mankeptforunnaturalporpoises said:

Every congregation has a lonely weirdo. I suspect you think ( if you actually are a witness) yours hasn’t.  

Gonzo was a blue weirdo too. (I think he used to be a plumber. @Pudgy knows a lot about plumbing, but he's not a weirdo. I think he's a little more like Kermit and willing to give a weirdo a chance.)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.