The World News Media

Mythbusters: The Flood of Noah's Day vs. "The Holy Hand Grenade" and other sci-fi stories 😁

John 12.24to28

14 minutes ago, boyle said:

wrong crowd

Generally speaking, you could say that sinners are the "wrong crowd". Jesus was willing to come down and hang out with "the wrong crowd" because of love. He did not get involved in wrong things. He rejected sin, but He did not reject sinners. He did what he could to show love for them within the bounds of what was proper.

16 minutes ago, boyle said:
1 hour ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

I don't want anything to do with Satan. He's a liar. He is not trustworthy, and neither is any book from anybody who wants to worship him, since the very idea of worshipping that disgusting rebel is completely ridiculous and foolish.

This is counterintuitive. 

"counterintuitive - contrary to intuition or to common-sense expectation (but often nevertheless true)."

19 minutes ago, boyle said:

All they have to do is see your post.

I don't know what you're talking about. I think I make it pretty clear by saying "Praise Jehovah" all the time that it's not me who should get credit for anything.

20 minutes ago, boyle said:

You just rambled on from that.

I do tend to ramble.

20 minutes ago, boyle said:

I wonder why God got upset with the few that were around Noah?

You don't have to wonder, it's right in the book of Genesis.

21 minutes ago, boyle said:

But didn't he die of old age, while his partner was cursed to feel the pain of her sin through childbirth?

When you love someone, you feel their pain. Jehovah was the One who was hurt the most. Adam and Eve's pain reflected Jehovah's pain. The sick, wrenching, killer gut pain of knowing your beloved children are dead though living, that you are carrying them in the womb but you will give birth to them stillborn - Jehovah experienced that again and again and again throughout human history - watching them born knowing they were going to die. The children belonged to Adam and Eve, and that was the inheritance Adam and Eve chose to give to those kids, death. Jehovah was willing to suffer in order to save those kids. He sent Jesus to be the "curse" to take the place of the connection where Adam left a gap. We talked about that in another thread on the ransom.

29 minutes ago, boyle said:

Moses wondered off to the mountains, never to be seen. Can you point out where in the bible it says Moses was translated? Remember translated, in the biblical term.

Now what about Aaron?

Was Aaron and Moses before the flood or after?

Would you like a free home Bible study? You have access to a Bible, @boyle. How do you read? You tell me. Why are you asking? Do you want to be translated too?

• Views 4.3k
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah … I remember Eddie. Always pretending he was not Eddie Haskell, from “Leave it to Beaver”.  When he grew up he became. LAPD cop, so he could still bully people around.

…. Just “rattling your chain” boyle, checking to see if you have a sense of humor ….

It’ simple math! 1.2.3.4. 1.) if Eduardo = Edward, then 2.) Albert = Alfred, and  3.) Edward = Alfred, and therefore 4.) Alfred Einstein was the Batman’s Butler! Seeee ?

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

Their perception of the cold robots with their illogical and unrelenting ridiculous theories based on simplistic assessments of the universe was right on.

There are many people like that. I've met both atheists and religious people who fit such a definition.

What do you think is the solution for the robot-type-people?

Get an oil change and replace the air filter.

As far as the robot theology, the story made clear one thing to me. Robots are cold. 

The humans in the story, though imperfect, were not cold. Even the lady that said she'd been called a robot before was still "warm", though not very expressive at times.

Each human is made in God's image. Though imperfect, each human has the ability to reflect something about Jehovah's personality. Humor, exuberance, peace, intelligence, spunk, thoughtfulness - these human qualities help us perceive the qualities of our Creator. 

The more we can show such positive qualities to others, the more we are reflecting Jehovah's glory and light in that way, the more we can truly minister to the needs of those around us. The more we can appreciate those positive qualities to be found in every single individual alive on earth, the more we can "see" Jehovah's personality via the light reflected in the image of the people around us. 

Jehovah said to love our brothers, to love our neighbors. The reason He said "if you do not love your brother you cannot be loving God" is because each one of us came out of Jehovah by extension. We are part of Him. We are not Him, but we are from Him. Jesus came to take Adam's place in the cord that extends from Jehovah to us. That is why we must approach Jehovah through Jesus.

The missing link in our attachment to Jehovah was Adam. Jesus fills in the link. There is no way to live forever through anybody or anything else. No robot AI thing. No evolution thing. No other religion thing. Jesus is the missing piece, the only fit. Jehovah designed it that way. Only those who are willing to humble themselves and accept such a simple solution will be able to benefit from it.

It wasn't a difficult test to not eat the fruit from one tree. It's not a difficult test to believe in Jesus. I don't know why some people are so stubborn. It's like they're as cold as a robot.

Why do you think people are like cold robots sometimes? Why do you think some of them stop knowing how to love and trust in an innocent way? Why do you think they can't think like kids anymore who trust their dad in heaven? Why do you think they trust strangers instead?

7 minutes ago, boyle said:

Look up the word definition again, and figure out what was the purpose of the flood. Then read your words again. Adam and Eve were childless in the garden. Can you prove how Jesus filled that gap with child suffering from God?

The Flood provided a sign for everyone on earth today that God has the power to remove every trace of wickedness and sorrow and make a fresh start using imperfect people who are willing to go with the program.

Child suffering is not from God. The solution is from God. 

13 hours ago, Pudgy said:

try to “Be Prepared”

10 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Jehovah’s time

10 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Apparently several years in advance

boyle said: Not that it really means anything to me until I get a straight and honest answer.

You wear many masks, and that's fine, that's your business. I have not worn a mask while talking to you. I've been straight and honest with you as to who I am. Jehovah didn't send me here just for my own sake.

"For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing

Unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets."

A bunch of people might be listening, and Jehovah loves them, but you're the primary person who was willing to dialogue. How can you not see that Jehovah loves you too and is extending His hand to you? I am not perfect; I am not Jesus; but when we (meaning any of us) remain in union with the Father by means of His holy spirit, we do works in harmony with the Father's will. We are not perfect, but we can have works and speech out of love, and that love reflects its source, the God of Love.

"Do you not believe that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me? The things I say to you I do not speak of my own originality, but the Father who remains in union with me is doing his works." Any love I show for you is a reflection of His love for you.

You do not understand now, but you will after when the tribulation starts and you realize He is the One who wanted you to know, because He cares for you. He told you ahead of time what is coming because He loves you, even though you're mad at Him because of false information you've been eating, like those ducks on a string. You're caught in the same trap you joke about, and you can't even see it. I wish you would cut that line. (Jehovah will cut it for you if you let Him, but you have to stop being too proud to ask Him.)

There is a different kind of "Flood" coming soon. The nations will sweep away false religion. "“Look! Waters are coming from the north. They will become a flooding torrent. And they will flood the land and everything in it, The city and those inhabiting it.  The men will cry out, And everyone dwelling in the land will wail." But Jehovah will "dry up" those floodwaters after they have accomplished their purpose, and anyone who gets caught up in them by means of taking part in the attack. When the time comes, please, don't be tempted to join in on that attack. "If anyone has an ear, let him hear.  If anyone is meant for captivity, he will go into captivity. If anyone will kill with the sword, he must be killed with the sword. This is where it calls for endurance and faith on the part of the holy ones."

Instead of building an ark, we are to build one another up in love. That is the way to survive, to be prepared, for what is to come.

"So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.  But speaking the truth, let us by love grow up in all things into him who is the head, Christ.  From him all the body is harmoniously joined together and made to cooperate through every joint that gives what is needed. When each respective member functions properly, this contributes to the growth of the body as it builds itself up in love."

You hide behind so many masks, but you can't hide that you have a heart. What will you do with it? "I wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend..."

💔  ❤️‍🩹  💖