The World News Media

What Does it Really Mean to Be "No Part of the World"?

John 12.24to28

When the Devil showed Jesus all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, was it just about politics? 

The world is based on "showy display" "the desire of the eyes and the desire of the flesh" and desire for prominence and self-glory.

If a person refrains from getting involved in politics and yet embraces showy display, the desires of the flesh, prominence and self-glorification while remaining in the organization, are they really "no part of the world"?

• Views 3.8k
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To go along with this, voting wasn't even a concept for the regular jews back in Jesus's time.  Since  boyle is terribly naive, when a person votes they are not really voting for a person, but wh

What was she reinstated as? Did you stop viewing her as your sister for awhile and then you changed your mind? Why did you abandon her when she needed you most, if she was potentially spir

Oh, don't be sorry about that. I don't know why you got your hopes up. I already knew those things - maybe your expectations were too high? I told you am low and like a kid inside. You can't expect to

Posted Images

Who was Jesus really talking to when he said to be "no part of the world"? 

He was talking to the apostles. They had been arguing with one another over who was the greatest. Jesus warned them not to lord it over one another, like the Benefactors of the nations do. He wasn't warning them not to get involved in politics.

What has happened in the organization today? Is Jesus really pleased with the prominent ones? With the exaltation of a certain group? Are they really "no part of the world"?

(I love you guys, but I have to get some rest now...I hope you have a good rest of the evening and I look forward to whatever you have to share. Thank you for having this forum and for being willing to have a place to talk about spiritual things. Thank you for loving Jehovah and for loving people. Good night💖my dear brothers🥰)

6 hours ago, boyle said:
7 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

They say that Jehovah will save you if you obey the branch no matter what, and there is fear instilled by certain scenes in the movie, to motivate by means of fear rather than love, that if you don't obey the branch direction, you will probably die.

Well, how many paid attention when the Romans were about to attack Jerusalem? Didn't someone mention, flee to the mountians?

The same thing applies. If people don't want to pay attention to sound advice, where to find a safe place, then, live, and let live, that's just the way it goes.

You know that the "someone" who "mentioned" flee to the mountains was Jesus. And it was a command.

If the "branch" had given different direction, which direction would you follow? (It's a rhetorical question so you don't have to say if you don't want!☺️)

When the branch says to shun, they are giving opposite direction to Jesus' command to love.

The pattern in place is a dangerous one for the flock.

"Then the disciples came and said to him: “Do you know that the Pharisees were stumbled at hearing what you said?”  In reply he said: “Every plant that my heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted.  Let them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”"

6 hours ago, boyle said:

If the branch wants the people to not use their mind, then aren't they asking people to not be complete for Jehovah?

I'm sorry, but your statement comes across as dismissive and lacks trust in what is being presented. Could you please specify what you are requesting evidence for in a more respectful and specific manner?

IMG_7858.jpeg

IMG_7857.jpeg

6 hours ago, boyle said:

Don't forget, some here have mistaken ideas when Christ was really made king and enthroned. Some believe it started in 33CE even though Christ literally told Pilate if he was king of this world, his servants would defend him. Did they? To my understanding, Jesus died. This means, if he was not king on earth, he was not king in heaven.

So, that probability of 33CE is questionable by Jesus own words. Now, was he to be king coming from David's line, Yes! That's what scripture states. Was he King from that point, NO! It was a kingship in progress. He was a Spiritual King in waiting. Meaning, his real kingship was to govern the earth by the experience he had gathered by being a human. Was he made king after his ascension? Not yet, Jesus was preparing to take his thorn at God's appointed time, not his. So, there is a false sense of direction when it comes to, spiritual, literal, and metaphorical. You can add figuratively.

You already know what I think about Jesus' enthronement. "Window test" shows it hasn't happened yet.

6 hours ago, boyle said:

What has happened in the organization today? Is Jesus really pleased with the prominent ones? With the exaltation of a certain group? Are they really "no part of the world"?

Yes! God and Christ are very pleased, there are responsible men to remove incorrigible sinners from the church.

You're so funny, @boyle! 🤭You make me laugh. 😄🫶

10 hours ago, boyle said:

Remember Audrey. You have focused on the word neutrality. Please provide concrete evidence to refute the Watchtower's teachings instead of relying solely on your opinions or beliefs. That's the point.

Here is what is published in the Appendix of the publication "Keep Yourselves in God's Love" regarding neutrality...

"Voting in political elections. True Christians respect the right of others to vote. They do not campaign against elections, and they cooperate with elected authorities. However, they remain resolutely neutral with regard to the political affairs of the nations. (Matthew 22:21; 1 Peter 3:16) What should a Christian do in lands where voting is compulsory or in a situation where feelings run high against those who do not go to the voting booth? Remembering that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego went as far as the plain of Dura, a Christian, under similar circumstances, may decide to go to the booth if his conscience permits. However, he  will take care not to violate his neutrality. He should take into account the following six principles:

Jesus’ followers are “no part of the world.”—John 15:19.

Christians represent Christ and his Kingdom.—John 18:36; 2 Corinthians 5:20.

The Christian congregation is united in belief, and its members are bound together by Christlike love.—1 Corinthians 1:10; Colossians 3:14.

Those who elect a certain official share responsibility for what he does.—Note the principles behind the words recorded at 1 Samuel 8:5, 10-18 and 1 Timothy 5:22.

Jehovah viewed Israel’s desire for a visible ruler as a sign that they had rejected Him.—1 Samuel 8:7.

Christians must have freeness of speech when speaking to people of all political persuasions about God’s Kingdom government.—Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20;Hebrews 10:35.

Civilian service. In some lands, the State requires that those who reject military service engage in some form of civilian service for a period of time. When faced with a decision on this matter, we should pray about it, perhaps discuss it with a mature fellow Christian, and then make our decision on the basis of an informed conscience.—Proverbs 2:1-5; Philippians 4:5.

God’s Word tells us to “be obedient to governments and authorities, to be ready for every good work, . . . to be reasonable.” (Titus 3:1, 2) With that in mind, we might ask ourselves the following questions: ‘Will accepting the proposed civilian work compromise my Christian neutrality or cause me to be involved with false religion?’ (Micah 4:3, 5; 2 Corinthians 6:16, 17) ‘Would doing this work make it difficult for me to fulfill my Christian responsibilities or even prevent me from fulfilling them?’ (Matthew 28:19, 20;Ephesians 6:4; Hebrews 10:24, 25) ‘On the other hand, would engaging in such service involve a schedule that  would allow me to expand my spiritual activities, perhaps sharing in the full-time ministry?’—Hebrews 6:11, 12.

If a Christian conscientiously concludes that he could perform civilian service rather than go to prison, fellow Christians should respect his decision. (Romans 14:10) If, though, he feels that he cannot perform such service, others should respect that position as well.—1 Corinthians 10:29; 2 Corinthians 1:24."

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/gods-love/flag-salute-voting-civilian-service/

1 minute ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

"Those who elect a certain official share responsibility for what he does.—Note the principles behind the words recorded at 1 Samuel 8:5, 10-18 and 1 Timothy 5:22." (God's Love publication)

Those scriptures in 1 Samuel are talking, not about elected officials, but about appointed leaders. 

1 Timothy 5:22 being cited there says "neither become a sharer in the sins of others." It's not talking just about elected officials.

We must be careful not to become a sharer in the sins of appointed leaders too. 

2 hours ago, boyle said:
8 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

When the branch says to shun, they are giving opposite direction to Jesus' command to love.

The pattern in place is a dangerous one for the flock.

Halon's Razor principle

"Hanlon's razor is a saying that reads:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." (wikipedia)

We cannot read hearts, @boyle, so we don't know whether it's malice or stupidity motivating the GB. In Ahab's case, it was both.

"Jehovah then said, ‘Who will fool Aʹhab, so that he will go up and fall at Raʹmoth-gilʹe·ad?’ And one was saying one thing while another said something else.  Then a spirit came forward and stood before Jehovah and said, ‘I will fool him.’ Jehovah asked him, ‘How will you do it?’  He replied, ‘I will go out and become a deceptive spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ So he said, ‘You will fool him, and what is more, you will be successful. Go out and do that.’  And now Jehovah has put a deceptive spirit in the mouth of all these prophets of yours, but Jehovah has declared calamity for you."

(1 Kings 22:20-23)

Jehovah has allowed the GB to be deceived. They think the great tribulation UN attack on religion will spare the organization. They are wrong. The UN attack on religion will start at the Bethels. The properties will be completely stripped.

"Then I said: “Alas, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah! Truly you have utterly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, ‘You will have peace,’ when the sword is at our throats.”...They come against her on all sides like guards of the open field, Because she has rebelled against me,” declares Jehovah.  

Your own ways and your actions will be brought upon you. 

How bitter is your disaster, For it reaches clear to your heart!”  

O my anguish, my anguish! 

I feel great pain in my very heart. 

My heart pounds within me. I cannot keep silent, 

For I have heard the sound of the horn, 

The alarm signal of war.  

Disaster after disaster has been reported, 

For the whole land has been destroyed.  

Suddenly my own tents are destroyed, 

In a moment my tent cloths.  

How long will I keep seeing the signal, 

Keep hearing the sound of the horn?  

“For my people are foolish; 

They take no note of me.  

They are stupid sons, with no understanding. 

They are clever enough when it comes to doing bad, 

But they do not know how to do good.”

(Jeremiah 4:10,17-22)

The Bible definition of someone "stupid" is someone who lacks moral sense. The GB does not have the moral sense to protect and feed the flock. They can be identified by their fruits. Jesus is coming to make an accounting at the appointed time.

"A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit.  Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.  Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’  And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’ 

“Therefore, everyone who hears these sayings of mine and does them will be like a discreet man who built his house on the rock.   And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and lashed against that house, but it did not cave in, for it had been founded on the rock.  Furthermore, everyone hearing these sayings of mine and not doing them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.  And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and struck against that house, and it caved in, and its collapse was great.”

(Matthew 7:19-27)

Similar to the Pharisees of old, the GB has taught some truths, but they have also taught lies about Jehovah. They have become part of the world by means of their business-like approach to worship. Rather than staying true to the Master and remaining in God's love, they have put showy display and desires of the flesh and desire of the eyes ahead of Christ's command to minister to others and to show love. Because of this, they are part of the world, just like the Pharisees were and just like many of the clergy of Christendom today. When Jesus is enthroned, he will allow the nations to discipline the organization. She will be stripped of all her properties, because she used them to glorify men and hide wrongdoing and teach falsehoods rather than glorify God.

There are still many good people among Jehovah's witnesses, and there are many truths being taught. The organization will be refined during the great tribulation. There will be a faithful religious remnant who survive the UN attack on religion, lowly ones who are truly "no part of the world" as evidenced by their impartial love for humankind and who are sighing and groaning over the detestable things going on in organized religion. With angelic assistance, they will regroup, Jesus will regather the scattered sheep from everywhere they are scattered and we will all worship Jehovah as one organized people for Jehovah's Name. It's a lot to do during the 3 1/2 years of the great tribulation, but Jesus can handle it. He's got this.