The World News Media

Can JW Television (digital news) be trusted?

Srecko Sostar

• Views 10.1k
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's very difficult to make a presentation without showing bias. The things that are important to one person or group or religion are the thing reported, not the things that are much less important. T

(1 Corinthians 5:1) . . .Actually sexual immorality is reported among you, and such immorality as is not even found among the nations—of a man living with his father’s wife.  Well, I agree that t

This is the JW legal team attempting a very weak "negotiation" defense. It's easy to see that the data doesn't bear out the claim, however. With 221 of the 1,006 perpetrators, the data provided by "Je

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Pudgy said:

left wing “woke” agenda...

This is somewhat true, hence why I am not too keen of AI and or agendas, especially AI. But what I had noticed over the years, any organization that the Left sides with (this goes for Alt groups too), they are not has harsh with specific groups and or faiths when something bad happens, even a crime among members, this goes for the religious folks on their side, you wouldn't catch PBS bashing their own in this regard.

Now, if it is something that they are against, they are quick to attack, mock, and formulate narratives to try and cast doubt and crush one's hope and or faith, for example, Trump Followers, MAGA, of which they preach are all cultist and evil because they noted a few bad folks among them, but the same people will not say a single word about ANTIFA, of how, recently, they attacked parents who want to defend their kids from an already, for a long time now, corrupt Higher Education System.

Regarding Jehovah's Witnesses, the assumption on the Left is that JWs are Conservatives whereas disgruntled EXJWs will tell you JWs are Left-Wing, when in reality, they are neutral, or in this case, apolitical like other groups. Reasons why whenever there is News, anything breaking, Fox News (pre-Tucker Carlson) for example, are not as harsh with them because of views of religious freedom and the like, mainly when any member of the JW faith commits a crime, they focus the attention of the person who committed the crime, and will be in the middle in some things. Now you go to the Left or any Alt side, they go on full attack mode, hence why you see Left-Wing outlets like Atlantic, Guardian, CNN, etc. stick to one side. The reality is majority of EXJWs rely on Left Wing sources and speakers. Now current Jehovah's Witnesses, have among them who are gullible when it comes to the MSM, and although neutral, a few of them may bear some level of influence by the Agenda the MSM pushes, to a degree, some even succumb to conspiracy theory rather of what is true, this is the same with the EXJW counterpart who are far more quick to accept something (we see many examples of this here on the forums)

That being said, the Wild Beast, the UN making a move that will change the lives of many very soon, and I can tell you now, that what they have in store, will result in the same paradigm of one side vs the other, and people will get caught in the crossfire, among the people caught, many will be among the JWs and EXJWs collectively, if they do not tread carefully.

• 1 month later...

Decision Charity Inquiry: Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain

4 August 2023

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/charity-inquiry-watch-tower-bible-and-tract-society-of-britain/charity-inquiry-watch-tower-bible-and-tract-society-of-britain#contents

Though not disclosed to the inquiry this information was disclosed to IICSA by CCJW (not the charity), as part of its thematic strand on child abuse in religious settings. The report states that JW records show that allegations concerning 67 individuals were reported to their Branch Office within the previous 10 years. This included 25 allegations against Elders, 32 allegations against ministerial servants and 10 people accused of abuse within an institutional context (such as abuse at a place of worship by a congregant or non-Jehovah’s Witness)

JW member's way of thinking:

All religions of the world, except the JW religion, are ungodly and under Satan rule. All world governments are evil under the influence of Satan. So, every evil and injustice (CSA also) that happens to them there is because their minds are in the dark under satanic influence.
If something like this is happening in the only JW true religion then it is because the JW members are imperfect people. In the JW true religion, the evil that sometimes happens, happens because some JW member has become spiritually weak, and that's it. Satan has no influence over JW Christians because they are in a spiritual paradise that is protected. We are protected spiritually but not physically. Physical protection of JW members is the responsibility of the police and secular authorities (Richard Ashe deposition).

18 hours ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

On the contrary. It is a rational approach to thinking. The thought process of former members who are part of a cult is undeniably irrational. Those who believe they can single out one religion are particularly susceptible to the influence of Satan.

What is the extent of the harm caused to Jehovah's Witnesses by the rhetoric of former members? How many First Amendment rights have been violated by permitting only former witnesses to speak? 

Please note that the Closed JW Club is half the size of the Open one. Let's ask ourselves why this is so? And how many members from the Closed Club are ready to violate the GB 1st Amendment, which is; don't talk to ex-JWs and don't engage in dialogue with them and don't watch the contents they gave?

This thread has 4.1k views. Apart from the few of us who are in the polemic, Who are the other people who viewed the content?

Your last question is super funny.

6 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

This thread has 4.1k views.

That many? That’s worth addressing.

Please note that the Closed JW Club is half the size of the Open one. Let's ask ourselves why this is so?

1) Because the complainers against anything always outnumber and are more vocal than those satisfied. It is a basic law of human nature and is seen everywhere.

2) Because of the thought expressed at Psalm 130:3. “If errors were what you watch, O Jah, O Jehovah, who could stand?” Watching errors is the modus operendi of today’s culture, typified in its media. Nobody stands as their enemies magnify, enhance, and even concoct evil reports—see it play out on the internet with any public figure. Of course, in addition, to those of a different agenda, everything is an error.

3) Because of the sentiment expressed at John 15:18-19. “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world … on this account the world hates you”.  (John 15:18-19) Of course, just because you are hated does not mean you as a group are Christ’s followers. However, any group NOT universally hated (and the list is not that long) is automatically disqualified from consideration.

‘No part of the world’ will sink you every time in the eyes of those who embrace the world.

And how many members from the Closed Club are ready to violate the GB 1st Amendment, which is; don't talk to ex-JWs and don't engage in dialogue with them and don't watch the contents they gave?

Though I was once active in this open club, I have not been for some time, deferring to the GB’s wishes. (also because it does little good—I have never known any opponent to change) I can’t say I ‘watch’ the contents exJWs provide, for I am invariably put off by how pedantic and boring they are, but through reading I do try to keep up. This is along the lines of Anna, who had a teenaged son and didn’t want to find him one day stumbled by something he had come across and herself powerless to help him because she had no idea what he had come across.

Many observations of ex-Witnesses are valid, if not the conclusions they ultimately draw from them. I have incorporated into the latest book, ‘Things that drive you crazy about the faith and how to view them.’ Make no mistake. The book is loyal to Jehovah’s Witnesses and their earthly governing arrangement, but it does deal with some of the beefs the malcontents bring up:

The metadata at least, if not the entire book (digital or print), should be required reading:

https://mybook.to/IntheLastoftheLastDays

(The book is even dedicated to ‘the Old Hen, whoever he may be.’)

I know from experience that you can get ChatGPT to write complete, profound and deep theological essays if you specify “christian”, or Jehovahs Witness,  or Jewish, etc. just as you have done, and the style is very specific.

Perhaps it’s just a coincidence, but it is a very interesting coincidence.