The World News Media

Victims of Pedophile Priests Speak Out - Awake 1993, April 8, page 31

Srecko Sostar

Do you notice the similarity? The secret becomes public, sooner or later. Religious institutions (there are no true and false) have the same pattern of behavior. Covering up and trying to keep a "clean" face in front of the public, one's own and the other's.

“DURING the past decade, some 400 Roman Catholic priests have been reported to church or civil authorities for sexual abuse of children,” according to U.S.News & World Report. Recently, a national gathering of survivors of such abuse was held near Chicago, Illinois. Many spoke openly of how they had been victimized by pedophile priests.

But NCR (National Catholic Reporter) notes that speakers sounded another theme repeatedly throughout the conference: “The first abuse is sexual; the second and more painful, is psychological.” This second abuse occurs when the church refuses to listen to victims of abuse, fails to take their accusations seriously, and moves only to protect the offending priests. “Fairly or unfairly,” NCR reports, “they portrayed Catholic clergy as belonging to an unhealthy and misguided group more bent on preserving privilege and power than in serving lay needs.” Several speakers made ominous comparisons to the Reformation, which split the church wide open in the 16th century.

According to Richard Sipe, a former priest turned psychotherapist and expert on sexual abuse by Catholic clergy, all this institutional denial reveals “a deep, desperate and knowing personal involvement in the problem.” He added: “The church knows and has known for a long time a great deal about the sexual activity of its priests. It has looked the other way, tolerated, covered up and simply lied about the broad spectrum of sexual activity of its priests.”

Not surprisingly, then, many abuse survivors are suing the church. NCR quotes one attorney who specializes in such cases as saying that there are pedophile-priest cases in each of the church’s 188 dioceses in the United States. He says that out-of-court settlements have run as high as $300,000 per case. U.S.News & World Report says that such suits have already cost the church $400,000,000, a figure that could surge to $1 billion by the year 2000. And the Canadian Press reported recently that some 2,000 survivors of childhood sexual abuse in 22 church-run orphanages and mental institutions in Quebec are suing six religious orders for $1.4 billion in damages.

Interestingly, though, the aforementioned U.S. attorney, who represents 150 victims of pedophile priests in 23 states, says that he has never yet had a client who was eager to go to court. Each one first tried to seek justice “within the pastoral context of the church.” NCR concludes: “Survivors go to the courts, it appears, not as a first resort, but as a last resort.”

• Views 2k
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, the United States faked “neutrality” toward the Nazis, and loudly proclaimed its “neutrality” about the war in Europe … while at the same time shipping enough s

Sorry, but WTJWorg is not an educational institution. WTJWorg is not a scientific institution. WTJWorg is a religiously colored corporation. Members are mostly naive in their honesty. Science h

Posted Images

The commentator may also be attempting to obscure the fact that if you want the same proportional ‘catch’ among Jehovah’s Witnesses that exists among the leaders of some faiths, you must widen the net to include everybody in the faith. Imagine if NCR decided to report on the abuse reported among any Catholics.

1 hour ago, Fausto Hoover said:

Based on the information provided, it seems that the commentator may suggest that the poster is attempting to divert attention from the global issue at hand by attacking religion instead of acknowledging it as a problem that affects everyone equally. The poster may imply that's a motive to manipulate the narrative rather than engaging in a constructive discussion about the issue. Pedophilia continues to be a deeply unsettling issue that impacts people worldwide, including the location where the poster currently resides.

29FF9D2A-A01E-4445-A274-5D958D6CE079.jpeg

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1957327

Use Theocratic War Strategy

The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom—1957

.., So in time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth. ...,

After this instruction from WTJWorg "Mother Organization", can one really trust what a JW member says?

9 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

Rather than demanding the Watchtower to alter the Bible, the commentator should be encouraged to question God's words as they are presented in 2 Corinthians 13:1 and Matthew 18:15-16. Former members seem to enjoy challenging God, similar to the way the Israelites did in the past. Just as God condemned the Israelites, He will also condemn those who support such irrational and manipulative beliefs.

The Watchtower holds no authority to modify the Bible or its content. The commentator has the freedom to interpret the decision in any way they see fit, according to Revelation 22:18.

Revelation 22:18, which states, "For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book," is often used by those who argue against modifying or adapting the Bible. 

According to this interpretation, any modifications or additions to the biblical text could be seen as problematic and subject to divine consequences. However, it's important to note that interpretation of biblical passages can vary greatly among scholars and religious groups. While some may interpret this verse as a strict prohibition against modifying the Bible in any way, others might see it as a warning against distorting the intended message or misrepresenting God's word.

1357E500-2270-4EBE-94C7-A3D8C916D18F.jpeg

1044E5F0-3AFC-43E1-A462-542577A77F37.jpeg

ED09CD34-34E6-4D6C-8F56-51B2B6ECACC1.jpeg

A1C19261-8AB1-419E-BD9A-3CE02E941D7C.jpeg

23F6CEB4-1213-4F7F-99D0-34C9FE8DB27C.jpeg

D3248BC3-FF89-49E6-9635-B8CCD7DA36C2.jpeg

18AB913D-88F1-4CC5-B8D1-92EC93C2F05A.png

8B77A9ED-E9BD-41D2-9752-879CC54FA31F.jpeg

5 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

Confucius' statement carries a profound truth about self-reflection and personal growth. When individuals have the humility to admit their faults and shortcomings, society as a whole can benefit. This concept can also be applied to the presence of God, as it promotes self-awareness, accountability, and moral development. In the presence of God, acknowledging one's faults can lead to a deeper understanding of divine teachings and a desire to strive for spiritual improvement. By recognizing and condemning their own negative behaviors, individuals open themselves up to the transformative power of God's guidance and grace.

However, it is important to acknowledge that the effects of self-condemnation in the presence of God may not necessarily have an immediate or noticeable impact on the ignorant. Those who are ignorant or unwilling to reflect on their actions may remain unaffected by their own self-condemnation. It is the responsibility of individuals, communities, and spiritual leaders to guide and educate those who are unaware or resistant to self-examination and growth.

Ultimately, the process of self-condemnation in the presence of God is a personal and individual journey. It requires honesty, introspection, and a genuine desire for personal and moral development. While it may not have an immediate impact on everyone, there is the potential for positive change and societal benefit when individuals willingly embrace self-reflection and strive to align their actions with the teachings and principles of the divine.

The process of self-condemnation should be more pronounced with WTJWorg GB persons and JWs as a whole. Self-condemnations for believing in the vanity of human teachings. Self-judgments due to constant circling around hypotheses and theology.

Until the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, the United States faked “neutrality” toward the Nazis, and loudly proclaimed its “neutrality” about the war in Europe … while at the same time shipping enough supplies to England to “sink the Island”.

As a Conscientious Objector during the Vietnam War, it took me a long time to realize that being against war in general resonates and is in fact a political stance, and that NOT doing something IS POLITICAL AND BEING INVOLVED IN POLITICS.

That is REALITY.

The only time in the entire history of humanity that there was no politics was before Eve was created!