Srecko Sostar

• Views 2.8k
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Why do you Jehovah’s Witnesses always have to say that conditions are getting worse? What does that belief do for you?” It helps me to explain why the Doomsday Clock is set at 90 seconds to midn

it is really quite simple to be politically neutral towards interactions with people and Nations…… Just change the definitions of the words. Comedian Steve Martin once said, if you teach children

If you did not see the video, and did not study the video to see if the points documented were true or not, you have no right to any opinion whatsoever. If you did not see the video, and did not

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

Reality?

You wanna talk about REALITY?

The REALITY is that we are now living in the best times that have ever existed in the history of human experience …. and with one simple observation can prove it.

Other than RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW, Fausto Hoover, for the general welfare of all people on Earth, WHEN was there a better time?

Apostates, BlahBlahBlah, and disfelowshipped persons, BlahBlahBlah …. is not a rebuttal.

Other than RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW, Fausto Hoover, for the general welfare of all people on Earth, WHEN was there a better time?

If you answer at all, and are honest, you prove your premises are false.

AB3E73BB-2027-44CB-8C1F-BDEC6DD68083.jpeg

091CEB46-0F22-4F87-B78C-BCCB2FF78FC7.jpeg

I get the impression that some commenters haven't watched the video, as the video mentions actual WTS persons and quotes WTJWorg literature. Perhaps it would be constructive to comment on the events and cite from the WTJWorg publication and refute or prove them through commenters own interpretation.

Other than the fact that Fausto Hoover he’s mad as hell, and about to work himself up into a stroke, and has no specifics whatsoever, and has never had any specifics whatsoever to support his premises, and therefore completely incapable of a rational rebuttal, he has high entertainment value of how NOT TO debate knowlegeable, rational people.

14 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Apostates, BlahBlahBlah, and disfelowshipped persons, BlahBlahBlah …. is not a rebuttal.

If you answer at all, and are honest, you prove your premises are false.

AB3E73BB-2027-44CB-8C1F-BDEC6DD68083.jpeg

091CEB46-0F22-4F87-B78C-BCCB2FF78FC7.jpeg

3 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

It is amusing that you bring up rebuttals as if they hold significance, considering your lack thereof. The best era of all was when Jesus walked the Earth ……

Because that is not true, I can provide ENDLESS SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of how that is not true.

Just locally, the Jews were dominated by the Roman Empire … Israel was occupied and controlled by the Roman Army, and foreign Administrators.

In the little town I live in there are probably 20 or more opthamologists, and 8 or more eye surgeons, and 20 or more opticians. They all have more work than they can quickly do.

Multiply that town population by eight billion people, globally.

Lets’s look at a specific example … me.  

Twice I have been blind, and because of modern technology, and highly skilled surgeons, and $19,500 which I could afford, I am 77 years old and can see 20/20, near and far, without glasses. My guess is about 80,000 people a day globally are cured of blindness.

How many people did Jesus cure of blindness?

One? Fifty? 200?

…. and then only if you were right there, at the right time.

Multiply that by the numbers of diseases and infirmities people have globally THEN and NOW.

Fausto Hoover, you are living in a very deep fantasy ignoring everything real.

There is less violence globally now than ANYTIME in history, and that is reality.

Fewer people freeze to death now, than anytime in history.

Fewer people die of starvation now, than anytime in history.

etc., etc., etc.

I suspect if you really did live when Jesus walked the Earth, you would be maimed, crippled, or dead in three months.

Did I mention Dentists?

THINK ABOUT IT!

EFEA0288-9E1C-4E5B-8EBC-7794B71D7F90.jpeg

9 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

The undeniable truth is that Jehovah's Witnesses are witnessing a steady decline in the conditions of our world with each passing day. I firmly believe that Christ made reference to that fact. Hence, it is not rocket science, but apostates have a tendency to distort this reality.

It is true that if you are using 2Timothy 3:1-5 in the ministry to show that people are worse than ever before and your audience doesn’t agree, there’s not much you can do about it. It is subjective.

That’s why one should compare bookends—the Titanic and the Costa Concordia. Doing so instantly makes the point:

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2012/01/costa-concordia-titanic-and-the-last-days.html

FWIW: I was in service recently. My companion made a return visit on a young man, 20s I would say, who said he was atheist. She read 2 Timothy 3:1-5. He did not know of the verses and emphatically agreed they were especially applicable now (somewhat to my surprise—I figured he would pull a dismissive Pudgy).

The difference in behaviour of the Captain, crew, and passengers of both the Titanic and the Costa Concordia is best explained by the difference in national average personalities and cultural values. The Concordia was registered in Italy and the Captain Francesco Schettino, is Italian, was Italian, as was much of the crew.

Either you understand this, or you don’t.

Audey Murphy once observed that the Italians coming into WWII on the side of the Nazis shortened the war by six months.

But let’s get down to the bottom line to the ONLY thing that really matters.

Those trying to discredit the 49 minute video posted HAVE NOT viewed it to even HAVE an intelligent opinion.

The video provides screenshots from the Society’s OWN PUBLICATIONS what assertions it makes.

If you cannot refute, point by point, specific hard evidence from the video screenshots that the Watchtower writers THEMSELVES documented …..

…… you got NOTHING, and are deliberately wallowing in agenda driven ignorance.

Empty rhetoric.

No more.

If you did not see the video, and did not study the video to see if the points documented were true or not, you have no right to any opinion whatsoever.

If you did not see the video, and did not study the video to see if the points documented were true or not, you have no right to any opinion whatsoever.

Because that’s what this thread is about.