JW Insider

• Views 17.7k
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of speculation there. I think this is about unity. I always say there is strength in numbers. It's apparent that HQ received many "complaints" (they said so) from people who were argui

I think the current GB realizes it has a compilation of messes on its hands that can only accrue problematically. It's trying to dig itself out. But the fear is the pile is too deep. Ultimately the 19

My speculations aren't worth the time to read them, but I'm guessing a timeline like the following:  2024: No more Circuit Overseers. (The reason that the District Overseers were let go was not b

Posted Images

Perhaps I have been sucker punched, but the last 2024 photo I posted came from the JW.org website. It’s a straight screenshot of the Feb. 2024 WT. 

In my search for the April 29, May 5, 2017 WT issue to check, I screwed up. 

My apologies … still checking …..

CE1A2D12-26F1-4BBE-83CC-85BCB2781316.png

THIS is what I found in the February 2017 Digital JW.org files Watchtower.  

It looks like I have been bamboozled … again, my apologies to all. 

Thanks Tom for the well deserved criticism.

8 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Fellow Christians in JW have a mutual agreement about beards? 

Now they understand. Hopefully, witnesses will no longer raise uninformed questions about the discrepancies with other countries. International assemblies host many foreigners who are exposed to diverse cultures and their acceptance.

Well, well. This is Funny and/or Alarming.

Either way, it's just one person's opinion.

In the time of Jesus, there were people in both Greenland and Australia. What do they have to do with beards in the Jewish nation? Jesus is role model ... with his beard? Or not?

Among the mixture of Jews, there were also Romans who kept themselves impeccably groomed, with no trace of facial hair. It is worth noting that not everyone can pull off a beard, especially if it grows unevenly or appears unkempt. Maintaining a polished and presentable appearance is crucial for portraying oneself as a responsible individual; this is the image that should be prioritized.

Since JWs want to be like the first Christians who were mostly Jews, then it is important to remember that the Jews did not follow the world's trends in hairstyles, beards and clothes but stood out as different from their contemporaries. What do JWs want? To be different or the same as people from "nations"?

You've contradicted yourself, but I'll acknowledge the importance of appearing respectable throughout the generations. What was once considered unseemly in the past is now acceptable in the present.

If you comprehend the concept, that's great. If not, it's our responsibility to make it understandable.

Matthew 6:16-18 New International Version
Fasting
16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

11 hours ago, BTK59 said:

Now they understand. Hopefully, witnesses will no longer raise uninformed questions about the discrepancies with other countries. International assemblies host many foreigners who are exposed to diverse cultures and their acceptance.

It is to be assumed that members do not need to question their elders for every dispute or ambiguity, because then the elders go to Bethel and Bethel to HQ for answers.
On the other hand, people in positions of power, and ultimately GB, should stop with the idea that they are "guardians of doctrine" for banal things like beards.

Consequently, everyone in the JW organization bears responsibility for the immaturity that prevails among the believers.

Maintaining a polished and presentable appearance is crucial for portraying oneself as a responsible individual; this is the image that should be prioritized.

I have nothing against neatness.

What was once considered unseemly in the past is now acceptable in the present.

This fact shows the senselessness of striving for rules and religious doctrines and instructions presented by GB. 

4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

It is to be assumed that members do not need to question their elders for every dispute or ambiguity, because then the elders go to Bethel and Bethel to HQ for answers.
On the other hand, people in positions of power, and ultimately GB, should stop with the idea that they are "guardians of doctrine" for banal things like beards.

This seems to be relevant only to people who are spiritually immature and believe they are above God's laws. I don't think former witnesses have the authority to dictate God's commands for this point to be considered by true witnesses.

4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

This fact shows the senselessness of striving for rules and religious doctrines and instructions presented by GB. 

If you can demonstrate that the rule suggested by the GB was truly exclusive to them and not a mere attempt to prioritize appearance on a global scale, then your perspective will become coherent.

Related to the beard issue is the issue of tattoos on the body. The Law of Moses forbade the Jews from tattooing. But, JWs do not care about the Mosaic Law to such an extent that its rules would guide them through today's life. JWs today tend to adapt the Bible's permissions and prohibitions to fit their circumstances.
Although I am not a supporter of tattoos, it will be a new experience to observe how GB will regulate this segment of the free will of its members, when it becomes so current that it captures GB's attention.

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Related to the beard issue is the issue of tattoos on the body. The Law of Moses forbade the Jews from tattooing. But, JWs do not care about the Mosaic Law to such an extent that its rules would guide them through today's life. JWs today tend to adapt the Bible's permissions and prohibitions to fit their circumstances.
Although I am not a supporter of tattoos, it will be a new experience to observe how GB will regulate this segment of the free will of its members, when it becomes so current that it captures GB's attention.

Oh my, how would elders verify if a sister got a tramp stamp :)

For years I have been thinking about a large chest tattoo, about the size of a Hyundai steering wheel, A red heart edged in lace, with an arrow through it, with flowing script “Mammy! From Alabammy! Put on some Eggs and Hammy! And don’t Flim Flammy! - Mammy!”,  …. but it would require my nipples for punctuation…..

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.