The World News Media

New Light on Beards

JW Insider

It just makes life easier when people don’t go kicking against the goads over every silly little thing. Save your kicking for when it is important. 

Nathaniel Hawthorne put it this way in The Scarlet Letter: “It is remarkable that persons who speculate the most boldly often conform with the most perfect quietude to the external regulations of society.”

Nobody speculates more boldly than Jehovah’s Witnesses, who, in the main, are able to “conform with the most perfect quietude to the external regulations of society.”

This can result in dumb situations in which people resist innocuous trends in the greater world because nobody wants to be the first to upset the status quo. In such cases, people quite reasonably look to examples from those taking the lead, It is sort of sheeplike behavior, but then—what does the Bible say about sheep? 

We’re clearing out a lot of nonsense now that you might have hoped would have been cleared out long ago. Times change. If you can change with them without sacrificing any core principles, that’s the thing to do. It makes life easier. You find yourself not taking a hard stand over things that don’t matter. 

I don’t think the GB particularly like saying, ‘Okay, now you can do this or that.’ But apparently they have come to feel sheeplike people need that from time to time. In 2017, they said beards are fine where local norms don’t get in the way. I think they were surprised that no one took them up on it, necessitating a GB update complete with bells, whistles, video history, and chariot:

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2023/12/beards-get-the-green-light.html

• Views 16.9k
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of speculation there. I think this is about unity. I always say there is strength in numbers. It's apparent that HQ received many "complaints" (they said so) from people who were argui

I think the current GB realizes it has a compilation of messes on its hands that can only accrue problematically. It's trying to dig itself out. But the fear is the pile is too deep. Ultimately the 19

My speculations aren't worth the time to read them, but I'm guessing a timeline like the following:  2024: No more Circuit Overseers. (The reason that the District Overseers were let go was not b

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Pudgy said:

I think Anna was exactly correct about this !!                                    Norway Flag

AE742962-00E8-4C1F-B272-11D99F36264B.png

Remember the hidden message in the propaganda photograph of captured sailors from the U.S.S. Pueblo that slipped past the North Korean military?

Same idea……

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/north-korean-officials-had-no-idea-what-their-hostages-were-signaling-in-this-photo

…. It just occurred to me!

The subliminal hidden message with the Norwegian red white and blue “flag tie” is NOT FOR JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES!

… IT’S FOR THE NORWEGIAN COURT SYSTEM OFFICIALS!

19 minutes ago, George88 said:

The criticism of "larchwood" is now irrelevant, as are any former members or witnesses trying to make a fuss over nothing. The times have indeed changed.

The news that could signal that times are changing at WTJWorg will be when they announce that donations of any kind are no longer being accepted. lol

15 hours ago, George88 said:

I recall the shift from asking for contributions to publishing the Watchtower literature. When the Watchtower announces the end of the preaching work, it will mark a significant shift for its members, akin to the closing of Noah's ark door. By whom will it be done: The Watchtower or God?

Before my time, they sold literature for money or exchanged it for some material goods (eg eggs or similar). Later we said that this "voluntere preaching work" was supported by voluntary contributions and that the tenant could give some money of his choice. Later it was stopped because it is money that was not declared as income and taxed.

Apropos the cessation of preaching. I think it's an outdated dogma because new "clarifications" have arrived, about how people being able to turn to God at the last minute and be saved. According to this new explanation, it no longer makes sense to rely on the idea, from the past, of "stopping preaching" and "closing the doors of the contemporary Ark".

George, you have to keep up with the organization! You're behind! lol