The World News Media

Watchtower's 1914 Chronology - Ad Nauseum

JW Insider

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Maybe we can say it’s okay to join us but they don’t have to use the main auditorium; we’ll reserve space for them in the spare room where we keep the literature carts. 

Motive understood. Even BTK will acquiesce, I think.

Meanwhile, hopefully they will not be like that guy on the Titanic who inspected the lifeboat safety inspection sticker, saw it did not incorporated the latest methods, and declined to board.

At first glance, logic and reasoning could support the illustration of the Titanic and the inspection sticker, and most JWs would accept it as a good and ingenious answer to the objection.
What is important about the correctness of inspection sticker (for a boat or fire extinguisher, etc.) is that the "Responsible Person" of an institution ("Titanic") must check in a timely manner (on a regular basis) whether the "thing" is correct and up-to-date. It is not the duty of the user who finds himself in trouble. The "responsible person" will be responsible for damages if someone is injured due to the malfunction (or wrong instructions) of the "boat" or "fire extinguisher".
So trivializing and downplaying how accurate the "sticker" is is a successful method of self-delusion for the everyday life of any JWs (or anyone else), just until a shipwreck or fire occurs.

Did ex-JWs jump into the sea without a boat from the Titanic aka WTJWorg? Does WTJWorg even have "lifeboats" in case their ship sinks? No, GB does not have boats in preparation on its ship, because they are convinced of "unsinkability" like the captain of the Titanic. No JWs have a choice about the method of saving their life when they realize that the "ship is sinking". Since there are no boats on the WTJWorg ship, the only way is to "jump into the sea". Some survive the fall, but some get injured or even die.

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Curiously the Watchtower’s teachings surrounding the Great Pyramid of Giza took almost exactly 47 years before Jehovah saw fit to correct them. 

The number 47 has spiritual implications for some because it is found in biblical texts. How many were or will be the "47 annual milestones" in WTJWorg that will mark "progress" and "improvements" because it is supposedly, a moment of "divine guidance" and his "intervention"?
As you yourself used the word "curiously", I am convinced that you also think that it is just that, curiosity, and nothing more than a human delusions, like "improvements" about/on women's pants, men's beards and something/anything else. :) 

• Views 5.3k
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope pudgy is okay but I’m fearing the worse……I really like pudgy…

Yes yes I know..I did the maths too…I was trying to be nice…..one is dealing with “ One flew over the Cookoo’s nest”…..here…

I hear he went down into the abyss locked in combat with a mortal enemy who was yelling ‘Fly, you fools!’ and imagining he had saved the day. Only, unlike the movie, he remained suppressed and it was

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, BTK59 said:

18. When a person has been removed from the congregation, we “stop keeping company” with that person, “not even eating with such a man.” (1 Cor. 5:11) However, as explained and demonstrated in the 2024 Governing Body Update #2, if the person attends congregation meetings, a publisher can use his Bible-trained conscience to decide if he will give a simple greeting and welcome the disfellowshipped person to the meeting or not.

19. A Christian may also choose to invite a disfellowshipped person—perhaps a relative, a former Bible student, or someone he was close to in the past—to attend a congregation meeting.

20. What should be done when BTK is tossed out of the group still again for abusive behaviour?

”Aw, just leave the windows wide open, because you know he will instantly reappear under another name whether you do or not.”

10 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

At first glance, logic and reasoning could support the illustration of the Titanic and the inspection sticker, and most JWs would accept it as a good and ingenious answer to the objection.

There you go, @BTK59,  I lured him in for you. Now you can keep his dialogue fresh for the next 30 pages by bickering with him. Throw him a lifeline. He’ll be ignored without your help.

22 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

20. What should be done when BTK is tossed out of the group still again for abusive behaviour?

Check out your abusive behavior first, then we'll talk.

23 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

”Aw, just leave the windows wide open, because you know he will instantly reappear under another name whether you do or not.”

So, true. When have you stopped the truth from being told?

21 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

There you go, @BTK59,  I lured him in for you. Now you can keep his dialogue fresh for the next 30 pages by bickering with him. Throw him a lifeline. He’ll be ignored without your help.

I don't need to project on a false premise. It masks his mental state, especially when he should already know that the lifeboat he thinks isn't there is actually supplied by God. The Captain of God's boat knows where and when to steer that ship to safety.

2 hours ago, BTK59 said:

The congregation as a whole is not authorized to reinstate an individual.

This doesn't contradict what you are saying about the updates, but I always found it interesting that Paul said "the majority" as if the entire congregation was considered in the reinstatement process. 

(2 Corinthians 2:6) This rebuke given by the majority is sufficient for such a man; 

Early this morning, I recalled a thread where Anna made a comment about Catholic excommunication, and noted that the GB have moved in that same direction:

On 11/4/2022 at 3:57 PM, Anna said:

Anyway, I was wondering how Catholics, for example, treat excommunicated members and I found this on a Catholic website, called "Canon made easy":

“Remember that Jesus himself ate with tax collectors, not because he wanted to signal approval of their line of work, but in order to draw them away from their immoral way of life. Similarly, we Catholics should obviously be unhappy when one among us is excommunicated, and we shouldn’t want to be rubbing shoulders unduly with such a person if we can help it, in great part because we wouldn’t want to conceivably be influenced by him in some negative way; but if there is an opportunity (through our words and example) for us to urge that person to amend and come back to the Church, then we should certainly be willing to have contact with the excommunicated Catholic in order to do this”

I am obviously not trying to defend the Catholic faith, or any other faith for that matter, but this policy of theirs seem to makes more sense.

14 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

This doesn't contradict what you are saying about the updates, but I always found it interesting that Paul said "the majority" as if the entire congregation was considered in the reinstatement process. 

Isn't there a noticeable distinction? The Elders hold the authority, while the congregation witnesses the genuine repentance and profound transformation. I can't recall a moment when Paul sought a vote.

10 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Early this morning, I recalled a thread where Anna made a comment about Catholic excommunication, and noted that the GB have moved in that same direction:

Studying different forms of worship helps us gain a deeper understanding of diverse religious practices. When adhering to scriptural laws that allow for the expulsion of wrongdoers or those who refuse to repent, any faith that abides by such laws is in alignment with the teachings of scripture.

Now, with the Holy See making an effort to summon a Bishop to the Vatican due to his slanderous remarks about the Pope, we must reflect on whether this Bishop could potentially face excommunication for simply criticizing the Pope, or if his actions involve publicizing severe accusations and allegations are to blame.

18 hours ago, BTK59 said:

I will not conform to apostasy, unlike you, Tom. My allegiance lies with God, for His opinion holds true significance, not yours.

They find it quite insightful, just like those from any branch office or the Watchtower itself. So, what can they say about you, Tom? I've never believed that you, along with your friends like JWI and anyone else opposing God, are real witnesses. That's what you are demonstrating to the public here, aren't you proud?

I must reluctantly side with Srecko on this matter of failing to discern between pretenders and apostates. It is no surprise that his heart has become hardened when you individuals continue to behave as though you are still a part of this world.

‘ Brothers and Sisters  there will be no Branch visit today , instead we have something even better, here’s an angry old man from the internet who thinks he is just as insightful as the Watchtower’ 

On 6/23/2024 at 9:33 AM, Thinking said:

I would personally still love to hear about your experiences and memories of Russell’s time etc…as they are invaluable..

BTK can correct me if I'm wrong, but a person who remembers Russell's time in a meaningful way would have to have been born at least around 1904 just to be 12 years old when Russell died. That would make him 120 years old this year. My conversations with @BTK59image.png, @George88, @AllenSmith35, etc., have led me to believe that he is closer to 65 years old. This might not be true, but it's based on a couple of things he has said. 

That said, he does without a doubt have knowledge about Russell and early Bible Students.

What's another correction to add to the extensive list of errors spanning over a decade? It's ironic how even a six-year-old can possess greater knowledge than the people here, don't you think? Lol!

3 hours ago, Miracle Pete said:

‘ Brothers and Sisters  there will be no Branch visit today , instead we have something even better, here’s an angry old man from the internet who thinks he is just as insightful as the Watchtower’ 

“And now, brothers and sisters, step right around the corner into this Jerusalem exhibit, and . . . Oh, for crying out loud! There is BTK again, got in somehow and submitting everyone to his apostasy test. Can’t we get rid of this guy?”